Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Group Selection 2013 - Closing before dates/venues decided??

• 22-06-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

[Preface: Doesn't really apply to me, more to you genuinely fast people on here]

I see TI are closing their applications for some/most AG 2013 races before the date and venue have even been decided. Saw that last year for the 2012 Euro Duathlon champs.

Hard to get people to apply (and pay) when they don't know what they're committing to surely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Nwm2 wrote: »
    [Preface: Doesn't really apply to me, more to you genuinely fast people on here]

I see TI are closing their applications for some/most AG 2013 races before the date and venue have even been decided. Saw that last year for the 2012 Euro Duathlon champs.

Hard to get people to apply (and pay) when they don't know what they're committing to surely?

That page of the IT website is very poorly maintained. I very much doubt venues are still undecided for any race next year, and while dates may not be confirmed, a general timescale will be. For example, London hosting the world so not have a set date yet, but it will be the first half of September. Googling will like throw up the necessary info for the others as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

2013 European long course Championships in Roth and the middle distance (HIM) championships in Kraichgau

Segovia, Spain has been awarded the 2013 ITU Duathlon World Championships in September (exact dates to be confirmed).

Advertisement