Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polonez Polish shop in Swords

Options
  • 22-06-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all.

I just been to the Polonez shop in swords where I bought a few things but paid an awful lot.

At home I ran through the till receipt and noticed that the cashier charged me €9.75 for a piece of cheese. When I looked at the cheese it only has polish labels on it, and the price tag says 9.75 zloty (Polish currency).
    Which is roughly about €2.75.

<SNIP>

Disgusted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

szita2000 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I just been to the Polonez shop in swords where I bought a few things but paid an awful lot.

At home I ran through the till receipt and noticed that the cashier charged me €9.75 for a piece of cheese. When I looked at the cheese it only has polish labels on it, and the price tag says 9.75 zloty (Polish currency).
    Which is roughly about €2.75.

<SNIP>

Disgusted.

Maybe give them a call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Swords
    Unit 1 Burgundy Court, Forester Way, Swords
    Phone: 018 90 45 93

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Is it possible that the shop made an error in the price they charged you and possibly overlooked the currency of the price shown on label (which surely should be shown in euro anyway)?

I would definitely contact them and explain as on your post rather than be silent and disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

Chinwag.

I think they only have to display the prices on the shelves. If you think of the supermarkets like TESCO they don't have individual prices shown on the product.
    Not a big deal.
    I have been conned before for more than a fiver.
    I just thought I will share the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Chinwag.

I think they only have to display the prices on the shelves. If you think of the supermarkets like TESCO they don't have individual prices shown on the product.
    Not a big deal.

ring the, tell them you only checked your receipt when you got home and it looks like they made a mistake, charging you 9 quid for a piece of cheese..what have you got to loose ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

chinwag wrote: »
    Is it possible that the shop made an error in the price they charged you and possibly overlooked the currency of the price shown on label (which surely should be shown in euro anyway)?

I would definitely contact them and explain as on your post rather than be silent and disgusted.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Chinwag.

Not a big deal.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But the price on your label was shown in Polish currency and perhaps transferred to a barcode for cashier.
    I'd still give them a ring at least, it sounds like very expensive cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

At the moment I am sitting here and enjoying my posh cheese ! :D

-Damn! this is one fine cheese right here...

There is no barcodes here.
    The old fashioned cashier types in the price type of shop, we talking about.

:)

Already sent an e-mail to they head office.

Wonder what they will come back with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Why not just ring the actual shop?

Surely that would be much quicker?

To me, it sounds like an innocent mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That sounds like the cashier was a bit distracted and accidentally typed in the wrong figure rather than a scam. The extra €7 went into the till & was noted on the till roll so it hardly went into the cashiers pocket. Go back to them with your receipt & I'd say you'll have a €7 refund pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

sound like the cashier rang up the incorrect total. happen every now and them. bring it back with the recipt and they sort it out for you.

Advertisement