Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin McGuinness to meet Britain's queen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Probably only thanking her for all the money they've "earned" out of Westminster.
    "Cheers Liz"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Another bit of publicity to help SF increase their foothold on Irish politics.

*vomits*

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Zzzzzzzzzz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Lads yiz are awfully pessimistic!

I think the leader of the nationalist people meeting her would be much more significant than her meeting with McAleese was, it will have much more real meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

He probably offer her a boat trip off the coast of Sligo.

• Advertisement

He probably offer he a boat trip off the coast of Sligo.
    uh oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

He'll be shaking a glove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i'm more concerned with the rising price of coco-pops... €3.49 tut tut tut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

maybe he will spit on his hand before shaking.

he is an elected representative and should really be a little more diplomatic than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

*vomits*

If he doesnt meet her he's living in the past.
    If he does it's an insidious publicity stunt to dupe the southern electorate.
    Bloody hell, what do you want the man to do.

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    i'm more concerned with the rising price of coco-pops... €3.49 tut tut tut
    I'm more concerned about what to do with the leftover chocolaty milk - seems a waste to pour it down the the drain yet if I drink it from the bowl that's piggish and I run the risk of getting chocolate milk everywhere. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

Will he have to genuflect cap in hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Retire.

F*ck right off, preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

I'm more concerned about what to do with the leftover chocolaty milk - seems a waste to pour it down the the drain yet if I drink it from the bowl that's piggish and I run the risk of getting chocolate milk everywhere. Any advice?

Pour from bowl into a cup or glass and drink from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Well he could have met her when she was here. What's changed in little over a year?

just guzzle the milk oink! oink! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If he refuses to meet her you'll have people lining up to say how he's a bigoted idiot.

If he agrees to meet her the same people will be shouting about how it's only a publicity stunt and so on.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't really.

The people that spout lines such as 'they should move on forget the past' should take their own advice.

Well he could have met her when she was here. What's changed in little over a year?

sorry could you stay on topic we're discussing what to do with left over coco-pop milk :p

F*ck right off, preferably.

Yeah, he should fuck right off. I mean, he's only one of the most popular politicians in the country with a huge mandate, those people dont deserve a voice

• Advertisement

sorry could you stay on topic we're discussing what to do with left over coco-pop milk :p

But I don't like coco-pops :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

*vomits*

If he don't meet her ye would be giving out.
    If he does meet her - ye are giving out!

Some people are never bloody happy.

Its a step forwards - instead of backwards for gods sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Racist.

GTFO!

;)

Yeah, he should fuck right off.

That's the spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I don't think that he should be allowed anywhere near her or anyone else visiting. It is a disgrace that he is allowed to be a representative of anything to do with Ireland, North or South.

Put chocolate milk from coco pops into coffee. You will have Mocha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They'll probably get on like a house on fire when they meet. Sure look at Marty and Big Ian.

annascott wrote: »
    I don't think that he should be allowed anywhere near her or anyone else visiting. It is a disgrace that he is allowed to be a representative of anything to do with Ireland, North or South.
    Yeah that whole democracy thing is an awful inconvenience isn't it?

Racist.
    GTFO!

;)

I thinks they're a shinners breakfast tbh:cool:

rapidly gets coat and takes davet82's advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Put chocolate milk from coco pops into coffee. You will have Mocha!

A disgrace, Joe.. democracy, Joe.. The work of the divil so it is!

rapidly gets coat and takes davet82's advice

:pac: wait for me!

:pac: wait for me!

Sorry, already legged it:D!

I don't think that he should be allowed anywhere near her or anyone else visiting. It is a disgrace that he is allowed to be a representative of anything to do with Ireland, North or South.!

Allowed?!?!? There's no allowing. He has been Mid-Ulster's preferred representative since 1997 and last year quarter of a million people wanted him to be our president.
    Do you advocate the suppression of everybody you disagree with?

Like it or not, Sinn Fein is making roots into the publics minds as to where to place their next vote.
    (I expect them at some stage to become the main opposition. FF must be seriously worried. If they aren't they are fools - hang on a minute, they already are!)

Now I DO NOT agree with some of their ideology etc, but they have been more willing to change in some areas while sticking to other original foundation principles.

Pity the same can't be said for two other main parties who flip-flop and u-turn faster in two years than FF had done in ten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Biggins wrote: »
    while sticking to other original foundation principles.

A dual monarchy to rule over Britain and Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

That man isnt fit to stand in Her Ladyships presents nevermind being allowed to touch her on her bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

A drunken aul fella in a pub in Portrush told me that Martin McGuinness is in fact a spy and has been working for the Queen since the 70s. Make of that what you will :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I don't see why its considered a big deal (boosted by Sinn Fein media chatter) for McGuinness to meet and greet the British Queen. If anything, its more remarkable that the Queen is agreeing to meet and greet him. Mary Lou McDonald was on RTE's Morning Ireland this morning making out that McGuinness' and Sinn Fein's decision was a tremendous act of bridge-building and that they were doing this for everyone on the island of Ireland. Self-serving waffle.

They'd want to grow up. McGuinness - you're an elected representative - act like one - shake the lady's hand and don't be making yourself out to be some kind of Gandhi-like innocent "getting over" all the horrible things done to you by the Queen and her Governement.

When the handshake does happen there'll be only one murderous thug in the room (depending on which helpers Martin has with him).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Personally I do not think he should shake her hand.

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    That man isnt fit to stand in Her Ladyships presents nevermind being allowed to touch her on her bum.

It would take a mean bastard to stand on her presents. I doubt he'll do that. Probably wont bring her one himself though

• Advertisement

Morlar wrote: »
    Personally I do not think he should shake her hand.

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If he refuses to meet her you'll have people lining up to say how he's a bigoted idiot.

If he agrees to meet her the same people will be shouting about how it's only a publicity stunt and so on.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't really.

The people that spout lines such as 'they should move on forget the past' should take their own advice.

But the vast majority of people will be saying "who gives a shít?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Originally Posted by Dr.Strange View Post
    It would take a mean bastard to stand on her presents. I doubt he'll do that. Probably wont bring her one himself though

Was that the part of that sentence which seemed the most weird to you ?

c_man wrote: »
    A dual monarchy to rule over Britain and Ireland?

There was me thinking it was Gay Michel that wanted something like that: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056418985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

A drunken aul fella in a pub in Portrush told me that Martin McGuinness is in fact a spy and has been working for the Queen since the 70s. Make of that what you will :cool:

You would be surprised how many anti-GFA republicans don't trust McGuinness to the extent that they think he is an agent!

In which Portrush pup did you deem that conversation a safe one to have?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I have more respect for her than I do for him, she's an old lady, she doesn't have to do any of this stuff, she'll be in that job till the day she dies, you could see why she might not want to bother with all this stuff more so seeing as how a member of her own family was killed by the IRA, I think she shows real dignity in making this gesture and I think he will be a fool to refuse and will just end up looking like a pathetic dinosaur stuck in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

He won't refuse - the Sinn Fein goodwill ambassadors are working overtime. McGuinness is to be canonised for this heroic act of....ehm.....common sense and decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 donbon

Mary Lou McDonald was on RTE's Morning Ireland this morning making out that McGuinness' and Sinn Fein's decision was a tremendous act of bridge-building and that they were doing this for everyone on the island of Ireland. Self-serving waffle.

As is everything they say, like being anti-austerity in the South whilst introducing it in the North. Their policy is based solely on spouting what everyone wants to hear and god help the economy if they get into power down here in a few years.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    But the vast majority of people will be saying "who gives a shít?"

and yet, here you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Half the country met her last year. This isn't news, it's the same business as usual with SF being late to the party.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement