Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroller?

Options
  • 22-06-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Petite star zia or silvercross micro??!?
    Want small, light, compact and good for walking! Have baby jogger travel system already - need something we can throw into car! Baby 4&1/2 months!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Petite Star

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

the only thing is that the sun canopy is much better on the silvercross? and the silvercross 50quid cheaper....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Petite Star

reason?

It's lighter (lightest buggy on the market), very easy to push, just glides along really even with my 3 and a half year old in it. It folds very small. The sun canopy is brilliant, much bigger looking than the micro anyway... It reclines flat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I agree with everything that January said,I would go for the 4 wheel though not the 3 wheel.
    I generally dislike strollers but had to buy one to fit in the creche press and having tried a lot of them out I liked this one best.
    3 years on and it really is not bad at all.
    It is even quite pleasant to push,very very light,comfortable enough for naps,the frame is very strong,you can get a travel bag for 15 pounds for it.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I agree with everything that January said,I would go for the 4 wheel though not the 3 wheel.
    I generally dislike strollers but had to buy one to fit in the creche press and having tried a lot of them out I liked this one best.
    3 years on and it really is not bad at all.
    It is even quite pleasant to push,very very light,comfortable enough for naps,the frame is very strong,you can get a travel bag for 15 pounds for it.

I have the four wheel one and agree with Moonbeam on that one, a friend of mine has the three wheel one and mine seems more stable than hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If it was between the Silver cross and the petite zia, It would have to be the zia.

I got mine here:

http://www.nurseryvalue.com/pushchairs/petite-star-zia.aspx

they had an offer at the time to get changing bag, travel bag and footmuff for a few pounds extra. Delivery was next day too.

What about this little thing:

49-9051081SPA77UC1059570M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9051081/Trail/searchtext%3EQUICKSMART.htm
    What type of travel system did you have in the end? is size of boot issue?

Thanks for the advise ladies - i ran out and bought it just there on your recommendation! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Which one?

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Which one?

Zia!

Do you like it? Have you tried it out yet?

January wrote: »
    Do you like it? Have you tried it out yet?

Haven't tried it yet really! Have put ur up and down a few times and must say its really light and quite compact! Do think the parasol could be bigger tho! The straps seem quite big for small baby - but it's suitable from birth so clearly is fine - just need to get herself in the humor where she'll sit there and let me adjust the straps!!!!
    Seems quite easy to move about 2 which is great!

Advertisement