Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polls not going to results page after voting

Options
  • 22-06-2012 2:15pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if it's just me but a couple of times today I've voted in a poll and the page didn't jump to the results page or otherwise indicate that I had voted. When I checked the results my votes were counted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've noticed this too. It happens to me on a fairly regular basis and has happened for a good while now.
    Something similar that happens to me is when I sign in to the site, it gives me the usual "Thank You for logging in Dean09" message and then goes to the homepage but I'm still not logged in and I have to log in again.
    I dunno if that happens to you too Pickarooney but I just thought I'd mention it as it's similar enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Dean, have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

Elmidena wrote: »
    Dean, have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

No I haven't tried that yet. It's not a major inconvenience, just a little irritating.
    I'll give that a try though and report back if it keeps happening. Thanks for the help.

Cleared my cache and all internet history, cookies etc and this is still happening. It doesn't happen every time I log in though. Maybe 1 out of every 10 times or so. And then it might happen 2 or 3 times in a row before I'm actually logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Been happening me a lot too. Google Chrome on two different laptops: one Win 7, the other XP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yep, seen it too. Will move to Site Development and see if it's a bug.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not sure if related, but a couple of times in the last couple of days (different computers and OSes, Firefox 13 on both) I've successfully submitted a post but when the page reloaded there was no sign of it. F5 made it reappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

All of these problems are related to high load on our database servers, resulting in replication being slow. It is the nature of the replication beast, we're keeping an eye on load since the launch of the new skin but thanks very much for bringing this to our attention :)

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement