Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inchicore Motorcycles put up for sale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

If I only had the cash :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

36 grand for what?

a lease and a trading name some tools a bench and a few parts

you would have to be crazy

all warrentees would transfer, all staff commitments (redundancy pension etc) would transfer, the liabality on the lease would trtansfer

i wouldn't touch it with yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Been in business over 50 years....has to be worth a punt at that money surely? With any established business there will be goodwill.....

Do wonder why selling up & why so cheap, no mention of those details in the documentation???

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Back when i was new and didnt know better i got completely robbed for them checking my bike (an Rs250 Aprilia that i bought there) and not managing to fix the issue I left it in for, They gave it back to me with some extra scratches too
    good riddance from me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I doubt the knock off Suzuki's are worth much. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

batman_oh wrote: »
    Back when i was new and didnt know better i got completely robbed for them checking my bike (an Rs250 Aprilia that i bought there) and not managing to fix the issue I left it in for, They gave it back to me with some extra scratches too
    good riddance from me!

That's fair enough for the past (current owner) but surely any NEW owner should be given the fair chance to shine when starting out as they cannot be held accountable for the past that they had no control over...They can only work on ensuring the business has a future, working positively with new & existing customers going forward??

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

agree with bronson on this one whats that old saying meet the new boss ...everyone deserves a fair crack at the whip ...and any bad service in the past may have been down toone individual workin in the shop....

ive never used em myself so couldnt comment on the standard of their work , but i think anyone that takes on the business should be treated on face value and if they let u down then by all means give em both barrells ..just my couple of cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

BronsonTB wrote: »
    That's fair enough for the past (current owner) but surely any NEW owner should be given the fair chance to shine when starting out as they cannot be held accountable for the past that they had no control over...They can only work on ensuring the business has a future, working positively with new & existing customers going forward??

Never said the new owner didnt - just that I wont be mourning the loss of the current set up! I won't be going there anyway as I dont require anything that they would ever have, but it would be good if there were more competent bike places around as there are really very few that I'd let near anything

Advertisement