Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Student Offer

• 22-06-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Get some App Store credit link here

But! Looks like you have to order online to get this. Anyone know if it's possible to purchase in store and still get the credit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I wonder would you get an iTunes card or would it be applied to the email address?

I want to get one of my college friends to buy me a laptop but I also want the iTunes voucher!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

I bought a Mac Air last year and it the offer amount was credited to my iTunes account. It wasn't a gift card. I'm kinda wondering if I walked into CompuB to purchase now would they be able to organise it too, or if it has to be via the online and wait method.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When I got my MacBook Air last September it was a gift card that came with the machine.

Just answering my own question here. CompuB don't offer the same as an Original Apple Store. I asked about the Apple Student offer and they told me, online only or via an official Apple store - Belfast being the only one in Ireland.

Why don't Apple have their own store in Dublin? :(

Anyway, ordered online but no new toy this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I got a MacBook Air on Wednesday and I got this card with it.

Av27OwlCEAM_nlVjpg_large.jpeg

• Advertisement

Ah, excellent. Thanks.

I'm going to get one of my college friends to get this for me hopefully. Does any one know if I can pay with my card if someone else is buying it?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Ah, excellent. Thanks.

I'm going to get one of my college friends to get this for me hopefully. Does any one know if I can pay with my card if someone else is buying it?

Yep, that's never a bother. Different billing address.

Tazium wrote: »
    Yep, that's never a bother. Different billing address.

Excellent, so all I need is money!

jenno86 wrote: »
    Excellent, so all I need is money!

Ordered! ;)

The student discount wasn't working for me online, so I rang up and they took payment over the phone.

e1170 - Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 4gb + 80e Student Gift Card

Going to upgrade the hdd to a ssd myself and upgrade the ram too. Works out much cheaper than doing it with Apple.

Advertisement