Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free fees - level 7 to first year level 8

Options
  • 22-06-2012 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi

Are you eligible to get free fees if you have finished a level 7 course and now want to start a level 8 course?

I only ask because I got the opportunity of a life time to study this level 8 course. I got my student fee declaration form emailed off and rang office admin to make sure she got it and she told me; I'd have to be going into year 2 or 3 of a level 8 course as it would not be considered progressing, but from what I read on the Student finance website it says:

"a Level 7 qualification (Ordinary Bachelor Degree or National Diploma) and are progressing to a Level 8 (Honours Bachelor Degree) course without necessarily having received an exemption from the normal duration of the course may be deemed eligible for free fees,"

It doesn't say you have to be going into the 2nd / 3rd year of the level 8.

Thank you for any reply on this as I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach on this one :(

Advertisement