Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland savings account vs Credit Union

Options
  • 22-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have accounts in both, wages into BOI and then withdraw from there and bounce down to the credit union and hand it over like a good little boy!

Anyways the boy has turned into a man and is thinking of a few years down the line when a nice little deposit be needed for a house! Where should I save my money? Set up a savings account in BOI so I can transfer wages to it from the current account

or

Set up this payee or a direct debit from BOI to my savings account in the CU

Any help appreciated and why you chose one over the other

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Its not so much where you have it saved, but what you have saved. You'll have to provide proof of non BOI savings however when you apply. I see know reason why you don't take advantage of one of the higher rate saving accounts on offer. There is no need to restrict yourself to BOI alone.

Advertisement