Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harsh Realities

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

No matter how hard you try,you will never be as good looking or as successful as me.

It doesnt matter how long you try to work and sign,the social welfare office will always find out.....eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Most people will base their views of right and wrong on popular opinion.

Atheists will think they are better than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

My 4rse is itchy. This has to be the most dopey thread ever(well in the last little while)
    My one; it's Friday, I have beer. Tomorrow my head will hurt. But it will be sooo worth it. And Sundays a day off, for some fun, but Monday I have to work again.
    Read this sh1te in a serious voice, as though it's somehow profound. Thats what I have been doing with all the other "drops of harsh wisdom"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You will get old.

You will realise that you can no longer do things that you always took for granted when you were younger.

The sense of a whole life ahead of you slowly fades away.

The realisation that those you know, those who raised you and those who seemed to have been around forever will eventually die, never to return ever again.

When you die, that's it. Life will carry on without you and eventually anyone who knew of you will die, leaving nobody left to have ever remembered that you even existed on this planet.

Freddie Mercury is never going to make a comeback.

Oh well, happy weekend everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The days are getting shorter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Drinking tequila is just a way to get the Guards to call around without actually using the phone. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Your OH probably wouldnt be with you if they were significantly more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

Brain cells die and can't be replaced.

Everyone you know and love will die and be long forgotten.

With advances in stem cell research they will be able to replace brain cells, so you can be as smart as you like. Brain cell implants will be the most common form of surgery by 2100.

They'll also be able to replace any other organ you have, so people of our generation are going to live forever.

Of course, these advances are about 60-70 years away, so you just have to make sure you don't die in that timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

You will be putting petrol/diesel in to your car again... And again... And again... And again....

I just bought a tesla, I'll never need petrol or diesel

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

delad wrote: »
    Brain cells die and can't be replaced.

Everyone you know and love will die and be long forgotten.

With advances in stem cell research they will be able to replace brain cells, so you can be as smart as you like. Brain cell implants will be the most common form of surgery by 2100.

They'll also be able to replace any other organ you have, so people of our generation are going to live forever.

Of course, these advances are about 60-70 years away, so you just have to make sure you don't die in that timeframe.

I doubt it will be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

The human race will end and our species lifespan will have been a mere blip on the lifespan of the planet.Modern man has only been around I think some ridiculously short amount of time something like 40,000 years or so. Humans are so insignificant to even this tiny tiny planet in our tiny insignificant solar system is this vast universe. We think were important to earth but were not, well be come and gone in what would be the blink of an eye to planet earth. Yet weve done so much damage to the planet, built so many things,invented huge amounts of things. created such an intricate and diverse society but thats all going to be completely gone in what a few thousand years ,if even.With over population and global warming and all the lovely things that go with that I think well be dead long before that unless we learn to colonise other planets. But I think in the not so far future earth will have essentially been killed humans and will be unable to support any life on it, but thats even if we havnt all killed eachother by then in some big nuclear war or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

We know exactly nothing about most things, so anyone saying "can't" and "impossible" are full of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Science will never be able to explain how rainbows are formed.

No matter what time you go to bed you will always wake up.

If all the people and animals in the world were placed at either one of the poles the weight distribution would cause Earth to fly out of the solar system.

Harsh Reality - the internet will always have trolls.

Harsher Reality - the internet will always have really **** trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Unless we learn how to control our use of fossil fuels such as electricty we are destined to run out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

No matter how friggin special I think I am the harsh reality is that I'm probably a very average person and will never really have much of an impact on society. Along with 99.9% of the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Things are only gonna get worse...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I think i've lived through the very best decades in Irish history .People have never been so well off but bad habits are sapping the good out of peoples lives .....not real shortage of money as was 100 years ago and even 50 years ago .Drink,drugs smoking gambling and silly house keeping .

Advertisement