Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bites tv anchor

• 22-06-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Not sure if that has been posted before.

Link :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105931/Kyle-Dyer-dog-bite-video-TV-anchor-describes-horrific-attack-85-pound-Argentinian-Mastiff.html

A dog had been trapped in icy water the previous day and had to be rescued. They brought the dog on the show where the owner decided it would be a good idea to stick her face in to a dog she was unfamiliar with. They are now talking about the talk being pts as a result.

Yet another case of a human being in the wrong and the dog, probably, getting punished. I'm not a dog owner myself (yet) but still annoys me seeing cases like this.

Also the owner is being fine for not having the dog vaccinated, but according to other sources the dog was vaccinated. Also mention of them fining for not having the dog under control!

(Apologies if it has been posted, feel free to remove if so)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

a mastiff is a guarding breed, you'd wanna be nuts to go sticking your face in a strange one's space without knowing the dogs temperment even without the trauma this one had recently suffered :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

So the dog had experienced severe trauma the day before and nearly died, they brought it into a tv studio with all the lights and noise and then this woman knelt down and put her face close to the dog. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

chris_ie wrote: »

Link :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105931/Kyle-Dyer-dog-bite-video-TV-anchor-describes-horrific-attack-85-pound-Argentinian-Mastiff.html

A dog had been trapped in icy water the previous day and had to be rescued. They brought the dog on the show where the owner decided it would be a good idea to stick her face in to a dog she was unfamiliar with. They are now talking about the talk being pts as a result.

Yet another case of a human being in the wrong and the dog, probably, getting punished. I'm not a dog owner myself (yet) but still annoys me seeing cases like this.

Also the owner is being fine for not having the dog vaccinated, but according to other sources the dog was vaccinated. Also mention of them fining for not having the dog under control!

(Apologies if it has been posted, feel free to remove if so)

This incident is almost identical to the one I had last week where my GSD bit my 14yr old son where son needed 28 stitches and unfortunately the dog was euthanised following pressure from all my family and boardsies.

I will never get over the loss of my best friend loved him dearly. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

IrishHomer wrote: »
    This incident is almost identical to the one I had last week where my GSD bit my 14yr old son where son needed 28 stitches and unfortunately the dog was euthanised following pressure from all my family and boardsies.

:confused:
    I don't see how they're similar in the slightest?

You really really need to take a good long look at your inability to take responsibility:mad:

i was gonna say, totally different irishhomer. you're dog had previous issues according to your post. the only similiarity is in the actual physical bite itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Most of us offered compassion and advice. There is also no comparison between a stressed dog in a studio- licking his lips with anxiety I might add- attacking a stranger who stuck her face in his, and your situation where a dog- you had been previously warned about- attacked a member of your own family- who you admit had been tormenting said animal. I am at a loss to your attitude, I really am.

i was gonna say, totally different irishhomer. you're dog had previous issues according to your post. the only similiarity is in the actual physical bite itself.

His previous issue was identical also except damage was not as severe.

Both occasions in my case was my son invading the dogs personal space.

His previous issue was identical also except damage was not as severe.

Both occasions in my case was my son invading the dogs personal space.

There is no comparison between the two cases here.

Anyway my son just got his stitches out and the GP said angrily that he hoped the dog was gone. :(

Just find it astonishing the way that dog on the news video was so similar as the dogs personal space was invaded and he lashed out the very same in a split second.

unfortunately the dog was euthanised following pressure from all my family and boardsies.
    :(

What on earth does this mean?

• Advertisement

There is no comparison between the two cases here.

I was there you weren't it was same!

but you're not taking into account that this mastiff had been fished out of a freezing lake the previous day. the dog nearly died and was then put in a studio under blinding lights in a strange place. then a complete stranger invaded his space. how can you make a comparison? :confused:

was your dog fished out of a freezing lake?
    was your dog under hot bright studio lights when the incident happened?
    was it a stranger that got bitten?

all that was the same was the actual bite. the actual bite doesnt matter here, its the reason for it thats the most important factor.

Not it's not, one is a family pet dealing with family member, the other is a stressed dog in a studio dealing with a stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

chris_ie wrote: »

Link :
    They are now talking about the talk being pts as a result.

In all fairness to the anchor she has admitted she was too close to the dog, admitted that she wasn't educated enough to pet the dog and wished the dog all the best and has no hard feelings. Hard to blame her for anything tbh, if anything the owner should have briefed her before hand and had better control of the dog. The anchor was obviously let down here by her production team and the dog owner for not researching the best way to approach the interview.

Not it's not, one is a family pet dealing with family member, the other is a stressed dog in a studio dealing with a stranger.
    Oh right LOL :):):) hilarious

You think people getting bitten is hilarious?

im lost. how is any of this hilarious? :confused:

I'm just as confused as you are. And puzzled how IH's dog being destroyed has anything to do with people on this forum. The only person responsible for that dog was IH.

I'm just as confused as you are. And puzzled how IH's dog being destroyed has anything to do with people on this forum. The only person responsible for that dog was IH.
    Read my emergency post from Thursday night 14th anyway I'm too upset not reading this thread anymore too upsetting for me I'm signing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

IrishHomer - you requested your thread be locked, the matter is closed. Do not drag other threads off-topic by continuing this charade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 OhLongJohnson

IrishHomer, it would appear that you could do with taking some months off from this place, it doesn't appear to be doing you any good and your presence here just seems to p iss others off.

Forget about dogs and boards.ie and focus on your family for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, this poor dog was rescued from an incredibly stressful situation then, the next day, was put into another very stressful situation where it was manhandled and had its space seriously invaded by a complete stranger... I wonder why it lashed out...

Well, at least the reporter recognises that the dogs wasn't at fault and doesn't want it put down.

I've come to learn that "Oh, I love dogs, and dogs love me" actually translates to "I have no idea how to read canine body language and have been very lucky to meet extrememly forebearing dogs up to now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The owners are at fault here imo. They put the dog into a stressful situation 24 hours after it was nearly killed?

Advertisement