Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were do i visit this week?

Options
  • 22-06-2012 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

We are on holidays in Rosslare for a week.

Whats worth going to see. On our list so far in the heritage centre, hook head and kilmore quay.

were else do we go?
    we also have a 20 month old .
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

Hi there,

If you are around this weekend, there is a festival on in wexford town with loads of kids stuff:

http://www.johnbarrymaritimefestival.com/childact.html

If the weather is nice, rosslare beach itself is great - and there is quite a nice sandy playground.

I would definitely try to make it up to the jfk arboretum, or johnstown castle is smaller but nearer to you and still nice.

You could also check out tintern abbey for a walk, or secret valley open farm is good and you get to feed the animals - or help your little one too ;)

Hope ye have a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also, go to the tour of the Dunbrody Famine ship in New Ross, it's really good.

Duncormick is nice too for beach, and Dunbrody Abbey is down that neck of the woods too.

Cool new playground in the JFK arboretum apprentely, your 20 month will love that !

Wexford town nice for shopping and a stroll.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Was in rosslare last week, weather was fab :-) if you love your beaches like myself, Curracloe at Ravens Point has to be the nicest I have ever seen! So clean & white sandy beach, you go into wexford town take a right over the bridge & it should be sign posted from there! Enjoy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Heading off now.thanks for the tips. His the weather down there.

Advertisement