Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Could I be pregnant???

Options
  • 22-06-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar experience. My period is nearly 7 weeks late. It hasn't been very regular in the last few months. On Tuesday evening I tested with a Clearblue Digital HPT and it was positive 1-2 weeks. On Thursday afternoon I went to my GP with a urine sample collected 1st thing that morning and it was negative. He has taken blood tests to check my thyroid and blood count. I feel very tired this week.

Could I possibly be pregnant?

Please help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That happened to me, test at home was positive, doctors test was negative. That was 4 years ago. I have a 3 and a half year old sitting beside me now :)

If you got a positive at home with a digital test you're very possibly 99.9% surely pregnant. Get another test. The doctors tests are not very sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Yes definitely get another clearblue digital test - good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrs Mac

Thanks January.

I haven't a great record when it comes to pregnancies. I do have a gorgeous son at home who is my life. My beautiful baby girl died last year from sids and between both of them being born I've had 3 miscarriages. I have thought about buying another hpt and testing again but I'm terrified it will be negative.

I suppose I'm sitting at home biting my nails waiting for the blood results to come back and hoping my GP is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

My GP told me that their test will show a result if you are at least 6 weeks pregnant.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mrs Mac wrote: »
    Thanks January.

I haven't a great record when it comes to pregnancies. I do have a gorgeous son at home who is my life. My beautiful baby girl died last year from sids and between both of them being born I've had 3 miscarriages. I have thought about buying another hpt and testing again but I'm terrified it will be negative.

I suppose I'm sitting at home biting my nails waiting for the blood results to come back and hoping my GP is wrong.

Sorry to hear about your losses x Good luck x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Mrs Mac wrote: »
    Thanks January.

Sorry to hear thatx

As fr as I'm aware a positive is a positive. You can't get a positive test by mistake. The tests in the GP are not as sensitive as the home ones. Best of luck x

Advertisement