Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perfect examples of breed [pics thread]

• 22-06-2012 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

just thought i'd start a thread where people can post pics of what they consider perfect examples of their favourite breeds.

doesnt need to be show dogs (a lot of us here have a preference for working dogs anyway!). just good healthy dogs that look like they can do what they're meant to do.

ill start with some working bred staffies

star (gr ch)
    staff.jpg
    dericia kennels 'djemmy'
    djemmy-1.jpg
    djemmy.jpg

'taz'
    taz-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, you can't post other peoples photos as this falls under the copyright laws, links only please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

they're friends dogs hosted on my own photobucket. pics i have permission to use and we're taken by the owners. whats the deal? theres no copyright infringement at all here. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

they're friends dogs hosted on my own photobucket. pics i have permission to use and we're taken by the owners. whats the deal? theres no copyright infringement at all here. :confused:

Apologies, I have re-instated the pics. But the same thing applies - links only for other peoples photos. The nature of the thread will naturally compel people to give examples of dogs/pics they don't own.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

What are they meant to do?

Why are they perfect?

This Malamute looks perfect

http://www.gotdogsonline.com/pictures/gallery/alaskan-malamutes/alaskan-malamute-0010/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

A springer spaniel doing what springer spaniels like best.
    12%2B-%2B1

• Advertisement

RoverZT wrote: »
    What are they meant to do?

Why are they perfect?

This Malamute looks perfect

http://www.gotdogsonline.com/pictures/gallery/alaskan-malamutes/alaskan-malamute-0010/

they're working bred for driven agility. weight pulling, long jump, high jump, a-frame etc.

they're perfect because they are conditioned beautifully and because they excel at what they're bred for. 'star' in particular being a gr ch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

What do you mean by ......just good healthy dogs that look like they can do what they're meant to do.

I got my dog because dogs in my life seem to cheer me up and make my life better.

It did the job I got her for and it works both ways.:)
    She is happy.

thats great and the reason most people get their dogs. but a great family pet isnt what im talking about here.

im talking about dogs that are the best examples of any perticular breed that you have seen. dogs that if bred off would better the breed rather than just add more dogs into the population. dogs that are excel at work, show, agilty etc. the best of them.

i know we all think our own dogs are great but some dogs stand out. say for instance andreac's cooper. he's placing in conformation all over the place, to me he's a stunning example of a rothweiler.

and im not saying that good pets arent great dogs, not at all. just that a lot of the perfect examples come from the work or show world where good breeding and bloodlines are important and are (supposed to be) strictly adhered to.

*disclaimer*

lets not turn this into a rip on the show world, im as outspoken as anyone on the shocking breeding that goes on. the GSD, the bulldog etc. this is about the good side, the dogs that are bred for physical and mental perfection to better the breed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

In the shelties, I do think Milesend Nightforce is right up there with the best: http://www.milesend.eu/Nightforce.htm

Not only is he a champion in the show ring but he is also a working dog who brings in the sheep on the farm. And sure look at him, he's gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Frank doing what Labrador Retrievers are supposed to do, he is slim, strong and a fantastic swimmer. When taken through fields he will scope out pheasants and as they fly up he takes the gundog "stance" ears forward, tail straight out and front paw tucked up never taking his eyes off the bird. He was never used as a gun dog and won't be, he knows instinctively what to do.
    DSC_5942.jpg
    Always ready to do more
    DSC_5938.jpg
    DSC_5932.jpg

• Advertisement

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    In the shelties, I do think Milesend Nightforce is right up there with the best: http://www.milesend.eu/Nightforce.htm

Not only is he a champion in the show ring but he is also a working dog who brings in the sheep on the farm. And sure look at him, he's gorgeous

thats some pedigree he's got behind him! breeding isnt too tight either, im only seeing 1 name twice and the rest is open.

some exceptional pit bulls from dublin

charisma's shelby - IKC best in show 2012

shelby.jpg
    shelby1.jpg

velvet strand's lillabella - IPBTA 2011 Championship Long Jump 1st place, IPBTA 2011 Championship A-frame 2nd runner up, IPBTA 2012 Spring Classic Lure 1st place.

lillabella.jpg
    lillabella-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

some exceptional pit bulls from dublin

charisma's shelby - IKC best in show 2012

I thought pit bulls weren't recognised by the IKC yet?

IKC isnt the irish kennel club, its the intercontinental.

pits are recognised by the irish KC too. they just call them amstaffs, plenty of amstaff/pibulls duel registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Here is a pic of my boy being a perfect example of his breed. A slobby snuggly staffie enjoying a cuddle with my OH.

534071_3578018444517_1063769661_n.jpg

come on you! we already have a thread for that mushy stuff :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

haha I thought you'd have something to say about that pic. But in my defence, a big part of their breeding and history is the fact that they are fab family pets and love people, so I maintain that, it is showing him doing what he was bred to do. Loving his family. :D

Here you might prefer this one

549354_290686037674123_2071285209_n.jpg

Looking all hulky.

It's amazing the difference between staffies isn't it. As Phoe is getting older he's bulking up. I know nothing of his breeding and I'd not like to see him get too bulky, but at the moment he's the picture of health, especially when considering how he started out.

under stunning pit bull.

róza's 'cookie'. bred in ireland but now living in poland.

cookie1.jpg
    cookie3.jpg
    cookie2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Sorry off topic.

When I had a pit it was 20 years ago and it looked a slim as the ones you posted but people kept telling me you're not feeding it the right amount of food.:mad:

i guess its down to choice, i try to keep my staffie in a slim condition but not too slim. ive had 1 or two people say it but i just tell them to feel the muscle on her ribcage, she's not underweight at all.

IMG653-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

my cocker spaniel bitch i have owned since she was a pup of four months.

her name is charlie, doing what she loves, running up a mountain and swimming!!!!

not sure how to insert the picture, so here are the files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

My Rottweiler Cooper. Was top rottie in Ireland in 2011.

3225041_img3_208_260_-1.jpg

jill067-3.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00169.jpg
    This last pic is what rotties were originally bred to do, herd cattle, but he was just saying hello to one instead,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boyler07

My pair are good examples, Bruno is the red nosed pit, Bella is a six month old Alaunt type.

what's your rednose's breeding boyler?

what's your rednose's breeding boyler?
    Red nose pitbull, don't know his lineage, both parent's where very nice examples, father was very well built.

This is them together when she was nine weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

My maine coon, Lizzy. She's not perfect but she's good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

boyler07 wrote: »
    This is them together when she was nine weeks.

Oh my God! I'm in love!! The cuteness is off the scales! And they're still as gorgeous in the first photo you posted. Fantastic looking dogs.

Advertisement