Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yeah, delete that, pull the battery out of the back of the phone while it is on.
    Put back in the battery switch on and it should be ready to go.
    I haven't had internet for the past week. rang meteor to get the setttings ings again as I thought something wasn't right.
    gave me the same settings & then told me that they have been having problems with internet the last week "should be sorted tonight" <- that was on saturday.

Can't believe they didn't tell me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I received the Meteor settings about a week ago (a month after I got the phone and even though the internet was working!). Great, I thought, I will get a signal or speed increase but no! Internet stopped working altogether. I delved into the settings and where Meteor Data was originally data.mymeteor.ie it was now wap.mymeteor.ie! WAP? WTF?!

So on the below screen hit the menu button and select the options for reset to default (if internet worked before update) and it should work.

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > *Menu Button* > Reset to Default

If anyone wants the Access Point settings that work for me, let me know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I received the Meteor settings about a week ago (a month after I got the phone and even though the internet was working!). Great, I thought, I will get a signal or speed increase but no! Internet stopped working altogether. I delved into the settings and where Meteor Data was originally data.mymeteor.ie it was now wap.mymeteor.ie! WAP? WTF?!

So on the below screen hit the menu button and select the options for reset to default (if internet worked before update) and it should work.

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > *Menu Button* > Reset to Default

If anyone wants the Access Point settings that work for me, let me know :)

Can you pl post your setting? It will be good to compare. I sometimes find my internet a bit slow. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

i have a friend who has a htc desire, and she has a facebook post up saying she cant connect to the internet on her phone for the past ~4 days.
    but facebook still works.
    im guessing its network related, not s3 issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone able to upload to youtube?
    Took a few videos last night and my S3 refuses to upload to youtube.
    Videos only from 20-80meg in size.
    Uploads perfectly to skydrive but eventually I had to tether and do the upload from my laptop via browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone able to upload to youtube?
    Took a few videos last night and my S3 refuses to upload to youtube.
    Videos only from 20-80meg in size.
    Uploads perfectly to skydrive but eventually I had to tether and do the upload from my laptop via browser.

Massave Amazon NOC servers went down last night, loads of sites inc youtube went down.
    Maybe try today?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bey0nd

Does anybody else have a problem with their S3 turning off by itself? I'll often notice my phone light up out of the corner of my eye, and it's turning back on again. Will this be fixed with the Jelly Bean update? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Meteor APN/Network settings as requested:

All settings not mentioned are: Not Set
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 03
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: default,supl
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Enable/Disable APN: APN Enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified

Hope this works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Does anybody else have a problem with their S3 turning off by itself? I'll often notice my phone light up out of the corner of my eye, and it's turning back on again. Will this be fixed with the Jelly Bean update? Thanks

Do you mean phone restarting itself? My SGS2 used to do this all the time. Used to drive me crazy because when it was restarting if I didnt notice it would come on without sim pin and the phone would be on but without any service. I eventually found out it was the memory card I bought for phone. It just didnt like it. When I removed the memory card the problem stopped.

Bey0nd wrote: »

Yep wifes S3 is restarting alot after the JB update. Mine is fine but running slow competed to ICS.

Going to format the phone tonight to see if that helps.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »

Yep wifes S3 is restarting alot after the JB update. Mine is fine but running slow competed to ICS.

Going to format the phone tonight to see if that helps.

a wipe should resolve it alright, but weird that is happening. i had issues going from ics to jellybean ubtil i did a wipe, but i assumed that was because I installed the pre release jellybean versions that werent fully finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Since installing upgrade this morning, my car mode doesn't seem to be working. Won't charge in car kit. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Jelly bean is now available on meteor. Has anyone installed it? Any horror stories, or is it okay to go a head and install it? Need my phone today so a bit reluctant to install it in case it starts acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Jelly bean is now available on meteor. Has anyone installed it? Any horror stories, or is it okay to go a head and install it? Need my phone today so a bit reluctant to install it in case it starts acting up

Just updated there, so if I come across any issues I'll let you know. So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Updated a couple days ago. No problems other than the battery life has gone to sh*t.

install GSam battery monitor and see what is causing partial wakelocks.
    i use better battery stats myself but its a paid app hence the above suggestion and it says it also shows partial wakelocks

high ones = thats your issue more than likely
    i had a few things after update like my football app was causing constant ones aswell as maps. an uninstall and reinstall fixed that right up + tweaking of some settings

in deep sleep phone should only use like 1% battery every 1-2 hrs

@kenyard - I've no extra apps installed on it yet. Already did a factory reset after the upgrade too. Have better battery stats installed alright.
    (it's free from XDA :))

Have most of settings tweaked as I had on ICS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

My Mobile Data has stopped working, im on meteor, anyone else having problems ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

threein99 wrote: »
    My Mobile Data has stopped working, im on meteor, anyone else having problems ?

Mine went half an hour ago.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Mine went half an hour ago.

Are you meteor as well ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are you meteor as well ?

Emobile, but sure its all the same.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Emobile, but sure its all the same.

Are you on a custom rom ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Try clearing the proxy settings.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Try clearing the proxy settings.

Its says proxy not set in the settings for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

@threein99, I had that too, very common apparently... fixed it with this:

Settings / Mobile networks / Access Point names / Meteor data or Meteor WAP / Proxy option
    and then delete the proxy settings there.

Then Powercycle the phone (remove the battery, from phone when turned on) the switch phone back on and check the connection.

Davyhal wrote: »
    @threein99, I had that too, very common apparently... fixed it with this:

Settings / Mobile networks / Access Point names / Meteor data or Meteor WAP / Proxy option
    and then delete the proxy settings there.

Then Powercycle the phone (remove the battery, from phone when turned on) the switch phone back on and check the connection.

That proxy option is blank already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Both myself and gf are with Three and the mobile internet connection has been terrible for both of us since the JB update.

Other than a factory reset what can I do ??

PS - i know nothing about roms and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Guys, dont play with your phone settings it wont fix anything, its a meteor problem.

Data on both phone and broadband are down on meteor.

I have the same problem. No fix yet.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Cannot-Connect/m-p/71634#M1094

The mobile internet is back working today on meteor, seemed to be a network problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

last night... i went to sleep but was playing a game on sgs3...
    after 2-3h i woke up and check the phone...
    the game was still on, he spend 70% of the battery and temp was 55C...

anyone had that...
    the phone was not worm, it was hooooot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Since I done the update, my phone appears full of bugs, is extremely slow. I'm totally fed up and don't want to do any resets.

Any advice?

@Knine - It's very common after an update. The only solution is a factory reset. Backup up everything before you do the reset.

I'm seriously getting f*cked off with the battery life. I think it's time I go back to ICS. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm seriously pissed off to be honest:(

I did not even want to do an update and now this happens. Not good enough and I think I will be heading back to Apple.

I love the S3 but it will take me ages to back up everything and customise it the way I want it. I have updated before and this never happened.:mad::mad:

The phone usually irons itself out after a few days. Not harm to restart the phone every now and again. Then try factory reset if problem persists.

I'm starting to think the battery life problem may be down to google Now doing it's background stuff, it always has a card or two waiting for me no matter when I look at the device. anyoe turn it off to see if that helps?

I know it's been said before but Titanium Backup WOULD BACKUP EVERYTHING and put it all back the way you had it after. Only thing is you need t be rooted first.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5rZXJhbWlkYXMuVGl0YW5pdW1CYWNrdXAiXQ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Turn off your data when not being used and Google now won't be a problem

I've switched off everything I possibly can (including Google Now) and it's only made a slight difference unfortunately :(
    I'll root it soon and start freezing some apps with Titanim Backup.
    god's toy wrote: »
    I'm starting to think the battery life problem may be down to google Now doing it's background stuff, it always has a card or two waiting for me no matter when I look at the device. anyoe turn it off to see if that helps?

I turned off nfc and found that it made a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

nfc?

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    nfc?
    Near field communication.
    Check settings, more settings , nfc.

Seems to be a big battery drain.

I've noticed the mobile data takes a much worse toll on the battery since updating. If that's turned off, I could easily get 2 days of battery I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Melion wrote: »
    I've noticed the mobile data takes a much worse toll on the battery since updating. If that's turned off, I could easily get 2 days of battery I'd say.

Im using juice defender to knock data usage off when the phone is sleeping and have noticed an improvement on battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Melion wrote: »

What's the point of having a smart phone with no data?

Why dont people just switch off mobile data when your not using it ?

Who needs to be connected to the net 24/7?

Are you using the Internet 24/7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Who needs to be connected to the net 24/7?

users with work mail accounts

kingtiger wrote: »

users with work mail accounts

I don't know any job that's 24/7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I don't know any job that's 24/7

Fatherhood.

Advertisement