Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone App Beta testing

Options
  • 22-06-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Anyone trying this?

I'm not an iPhone person but interested to see how people find it. I think there's an awful lot of information to go through to have it on such a small screen. Reckon it would be better suited to iPad/tablets, and sure then you can just use a browser.

I wish more effort would go into ME2, if you believe it really exists

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Browsing on the iphone has limited functionality, you can't set tactics and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Phonehead wrote: »
    Browsing on the iphone has limited functionality, you can't set tactics and so on

Wow, that's pretty poor if that's the app. All I really want in a mobile app is the ability to set tactics when I've forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty poor if that's the app. All I really want in a mobile app is the ability to set tactics when I've forgotten.

Sorry I mean currently browsing via the iphone internet browser. The App beta is still not released but fortunately I am on the testing team:D:D

Phonehead wrote: »
    Sorry I mean currently browsing via the iphone internet browser. The App beta is still not released but fortunately I am on the testing team:D:D

Cool beans. Hopefully when it's released it'll be a free app, I wouldn't appreciate a price-tag on something that should be accessible through a mobile version of the site anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Whats the story with this? Is it released or still being tested?

• Advertisement

This seems to be released, or at the very least some app is up in the app store.

99c ... must say I thought it would be free, or at least free to subscribers. The major trend is moving away from paid apps, and looking at the screenshots this seems to be a very cheaply made product.

Pretty disappointed. I know it's only .99 but on principle I'm not going to pay for something that should be part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I don't have an apple device, but I doubt 99 cent would be too much of an issue if its that price if an android version comes out, since I don't believe this was developed my Jeremy and co, this was developed by some user wasn't it?

Though having 2 versions might be the way to go, just like we have premium features on the site the app should come in multiple flavours, a free version and a premium version. While most people would go with the free version, the developer should actively look to getting better content to convince users to switch to the paid version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yeah I downloaded it a few days ago. Not great being honest, I still find myself using the browser and logging on. But it is early days yet, I am hopeful that there will be plenty of updates and we will see the finished article somewhere down the line

satory wrote: »
    I don't have an apple device, but I doubt 99 cent would be too much of an issue if its that price if an android version comes out, since I don't believe this was developed my Jeremy and co, this was developed by some user wasn't it?

Though having 2 versions might be the way to go, just like we have premium features on the site the app should come in multiple flavours, a free version and a premium version. While most people would go with the free version, the developer should actively look to getting better content to convince users to switch to the paid version.

Some user made it? A FFS... now it's all falling in to place somewhat. Sloppy management. If you lose control of your flagship product then you're in serious danger of having it all fall apart. That app could have been the gateway to thousands of new users. Now they're likely to check it out, take it as indicative of the whole game and then just jog on elsewhere.

Must read up on how friendly their API is, cause I know in terms of interface and usability I could do a better job... say hello to freemium version 2! :D

Advertisement