Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly Express to Close

• 22-06-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

The Offaly Express news paper is closing down. Hopefully the people who work there get work somewhere else. Although I admit it wasn't my first choice local paper I did buy it most weeks. Multiple independent media outlets are a good thing and can offer different perspectives on the same issues. It's closure is probably a sign of the times with advertising and sponsored articles harder to come by. I wonder could they go down the route of the Offaly independent and go free and see if the increase in readership makes a difference.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

hard to see them becoming free like the offaly indo which i find is actually the best of the 3 local papers and its free. the tribune is really just a glorified freesheet these days with 60% adverts and a few court articles thrown in for 2euro. the few times i bought the express i found to be a quite good paper so sad to see it go.

Advertisement