Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes

Options
  • 22-06-2012 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get this today??????

I have to say as much as I love lego games (guilty pleasure :o) I was expecting another lego by the numbers but with voices this time, and that the voice acting would take away from the charm of the games. How wrong I was :eek:

Ok the game play is essentially the same, but with new suits and abilities but there is an open world feel to the game and because of the voice acting it's more plot driven, and more grown up kind of.

The cast is largely the same as those who voice all of the various DC cartoons at the moment.

There is even a nod to the Arkham City game early on :D

I might change my mind later after some more play but for the moment I love it and it's a much fresher lego game than I was expecting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I picked this up too. It's great. It does have some issues, though. The main one being the way you sometimes try and jump onto a ledge only to inexplicably slide off and have to try again. It can lead to some frustration. I've also noticed that at times you can't move. It's usually when you've just activated something and you just freeze for a bit afterwards. IT's very strange. But other than that, it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Been keeping an eye on this here and there since almost every Lego game has been top quality.

Gamestop didnt have the 360 or PS3 versions on their shelves (and the inevitable €50 price tag was too much for poor broke me right now). But its up on Steam for €25 right now, so may indulge there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this here and there since almost every Lego game has been top quality.

Gamestop didnt have the 360 or PS3 versions on their shelves (and the inevitable €50 price tag was too much for poor broke me right now). But its up on Steam for €25 right now, so may indulge there :D

Strange gamestop didnt have any though I took them up on the extra 25% on trade in for pre orders so I didn't actually look on the self ,

@humanji I though I was going mad there but you are right, the character does freeze sometimes after activating something, haven't seen that before in lego games, but the falling off ledges/ladders is an annoyance from lego of old :mad:

I'm willing to over look those for now .......

Edit: Oh wait it's really bad, especially when driving and you rescue someone and drive on you can't bloody steer for a few seconds ..... over a cliff I go. Then in the amusement mile it's gold brick central so freezes for 3 or 4 seconds after you get one of those, the game doesn't freeze just Batman, how could they not have spotted that in QA/Testing ?????????? Absolute shame becasue the game is great but at this point I'm tempted to wait for a patch in case of any other nasties

I'm actually getting used to the freezes now. Once I realised that it happens after it saves, I just made sure I wasn't doing anything. I find it more annoying that the Lego bits still disappear while you're frozen, so you lose them. Still loving the game, but yeah, I really hope they fix that in a patch.

humanji wrote: »
    I'm actually getting used to the freezes now. Once I realised that it happens after it saves, I just made sure I wasn't doing anything. I find it more annoying that the Lego bits still disappear while you're frozen, so you lose them. Still loving the game, but yeah, I really hope they fix that in a patch.

Yeah twigged it was the auto save, not a problem getting killed when you play as super man ;)

Flying with the b****d is another issue altogether :mad: but the flying music makes up for that :D

The plot is almost as good than Arkham City for me, I'm loving it, I think anyone with any interest in the DC characters would like this game even though it's lego.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I love the interaction between Superman and Batman. It's hilarious. I was quite worried that the humour wouldn't be there with the characters being voiced, but they've still got it.

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, I love the interaction between Superman and Batman. It's hilarious. I was quite worried that the humour wouldn't be there with the characters being voiced, but they've still got it.

And then some, if anything it's all the better for the voicing, the chemistry between those two and joker and lex is great and some great references to the DC world, and other Arkham games, even a nod early on to the Michael Keaton Batman movie :pac:

When Joker says "Where does he get those unbreakable toys?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

definite improvement on previous games, but it's still got a questionable camera system (though less prevalent), the platforming sections are still frustrating as hell, and it still has you die countless times when it's not your fault

that said, it's serious fun. best lego game by a mile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One game mechanic that doesn't seem to get fully explained is the computer terminals. Those red beacon lights ascending into the sky mark their positions. When you activate each one, it'll reveal the area on the map, and allow you to scan for unlockable villians, vehicles and the golden doors used to unlock heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I like how the scanning is optional, in case ya want to search for stuff the old fashioned way.

Finished the main story this afternoon, really good. now to trawl through the Free Play to find the hot-tub and disco rooms, since EVERY Lego game has had them :p

• Advertisement

Finished it last night too
    might there be dlc ??? with that tease of brainiac at the end? there are so many heroes it would be a shame not to use the game world for something more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Always been meaning to try one of these games, any of you guys got a recommendation on which one to go for first? Preferably not one that's still full price :o

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Always been meaning to try one of these games, any of you guys got a recommendation on which one to go for first? Preferably not one that's still full price :o
    They're all good in their own way, except for the first Lego Batman game which was ok, but nothing great. It kind of depends on what you're a fan of: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter or Batman. Lego Indiana Jones 2 is my favourite, but as I said, it all depends on what you'd be into most. They all play basically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

did not realise this was out already, going to get ordering it pronto.

id probably recommend star wars the complete saga first as thats where it started and all the other ones after that are basicly the same game but have some extra tweeks to them. should be cheap enough and is basicly two games in one

harry potter/pirates are more story driven which can get annoying, the cut scenes in pirates started to get annoying

i liked the first batman game, it let you replay all the levels as the bad guys

mostly it just depends on if you like what its based on

Baneblade wrote: »
    did not realise this was out already, going to get ordering it pronto.

id probably recommend star wars the complete saga first as thats where it started and all the other ones after that are basicly the same game but have some extra tweeks to them. should be cheap enough and is basicly two games in one

harry potter/pirates are more story driven which can get annoying, the cut scenes in pirates started to get annoying

i liked the first batman game, it let you replay all the levels as the bad guys

mostly it just depends on if you like what its based on

Pirates was awful imo, but I didn't like the film either, Indiana Jones was my personal favorite, followed closely by the 1st lego batman, that can be picked up as a double pack with Pure for about 10 euro and Pure is a great game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to disagree that the voice acting has added to the game, it has detracted from the humour and charm that I've come to expect from Tt's Lego games. Granted I've only played the first two levels so far, but the humour comes across as quite forced, and a bit cringey overall.

That said, the gameplay is terrific fun.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I like how the scanning is optional, in case ya want to search for stuff the old fashioned way.

Finished the main story this afternoon, really good. now to trawl through the Free Play to find the hot-tub and disco rooms, since EVERY Lego game has had them :p

Found the disco :D
    In the mission where you chase the truck it's where you use Poison Ivy to get the minikit

calex71 wrote: »
    Pirates was awful imo, but I didn't like the film either, Indiana Jones was my personal favorite, followed closely by the 1st lego batman, that can be picked up as a double pack with Pure for about 10 euro and Pure is a great game too.

Is that available in any store? I've looked around online and can't find it, I'd probably prefer one of the Indi ones anyway

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is that available in any store? I've looked around online and can't find it, I'd probably prefer one of the Indi ones anyway

The Batman/Pure one? It's a bundle / not for resale copy given with a new xbox years ago but you will find it used in the shops easily.

calex71 wrote: »
    The Batman/Pure one? It's a bundle / not for resale copy given with a new xbox years ago but you will find it used in the shops easily.

Ah right I get ya, seen it for £10-20 online but I might still go for the first Indi game thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its more lego :)

I like it, do enjoy playing coop with the kids on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Maybe someone can help me with Batman 2 dc (xbox360). My son is stuck and I can't figure it out. He opened 1, 2 ,3 and now 4. Done it, and seems we can't progress any further and I am clueless what to do. We're going in circles for the last few days. I looked at walkthroughs and we just have the option of entering Gotham city or staying in the cave.

Anyone?

:)

iPearly wrote: »
    Maybe someone can help me with Batman 2 dc (xbox360). My son is stuck and I can't figure it out. He opened 1, 2 ,3 and now 4. Done it, and seems we can't progress any further and I am clueless what to do. We're going in circles for the last few days. I looked at walkthroughs and we just have the option of entering Gotham city or staying in the cave.

Anyone?

:)

You're at the asylum or have you finished that? The next mission ( mission 5) is at the chemical plant if I recall. If that has been done then the bat signal for the nest one (mission 6) is a red herring go out into the city and look for the lex corp truck that is driving around getting close to it will trigger the mission,

Advertisement