Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with voip to Pstn

• 22-06-2012 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone

right this is all new to me. i want to get my computer to use the PSTN to make calls. i was told i would need a voip. i want to set up the attached photo. i have a spa3102 and can make it ring out useing the pstn but one way sound no sound out & yes i.ve tried everything aty this stage. i want to set it up with out the internet as where it willl be i will only have a phone line not the net. can anyone tell me the best Voip/pstn that i could get to set this up. thanks for your help and time.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

johnopyro wrote: »
    Hi everyone

right this is all new to me. i want to get my computer to use the PSTN to make calls. i was told i would need a voip. i want to set up the attached photo. i have a spa3102 and can make it ring out useing the pstn but one way sound no sound out & yes i.ve tried everything aty this stage. i want to set it up with out the internet as where it willl be i will only have a phone line not the net. can anyone tell me the best Voip/pstn that i could get to set this up. thanks for your help and time.

If the computer is not connected to a router or to the spa3102 than there is no way the computer can make calls.

If you want it to make calls, I would suggest you get a modem type adapter to connect directly to your PC. In order for the Linksys SPA3102 to connect to the PC it will need some sip account to be connecting the pc and the spa3102. Even if you setup 3CX on the pc it would be a complete waste of time and effort.

If you want to use Voice Over IP for your computer to makes calls out to the PSTN, you will need a connection to a voip provider, ie via the internet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

johnopyro wrote: »
    i have a spa3102 and can make it ring out useing the pstn but one way sound no sound out & yes i.ve tried everything aty this stage. i want to set it up with out the internet as where it willl be i will only have a phone line not the net. can anyone tell me the best Voip/pstn that i could get to set this up. thanks for your help and time.

I don't follow, how did you get the computer to make a call out to the pstn? What software are you using?

Advertisement