Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail party to clear out spirits

Options
  • 22-06-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm having a cocktail party and you're all invited! No, only joking. You're not! But I wonder if anyone can help with cocktail recipes? I have bottles of spirits I want to use up without having to buy many more.

I have some cachaca and will be making caiprinhas.
    I have vodka and am going to buy triple sec to make cosmopolitans because they're my favourite.

I also have Jack Daniels, vanilla rum, tequila, chartreuse and feijoa flavoured vodka! Any ideas what to do with that stuff? I could mix it all together and call it the 'Six of one' but bear in mind I have to clean the bathroom the next day!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Buy a load of soft drink, fruits, ice etc and have a bit of fun mixing and matching

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Aye, there'll be plenty of fruit and soft drinks but my plan is to have four or five jugs of different cocktails pre mixed and a cocktail list showing what they are. I can then do extra batches of the popular ones. If the ingredients are there and someone wants to whip up a jug of their favourite then perfect, but the idea of having a rake of spirits on the table and everyone mixing and matching sounds far too chaotic for me!

I was especially wondering if anyone had a tasty cocktail recipe for vanilla rum that doesn't involve chocolate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Six of One wrote: »
    Aye, there'll be plenty of fruit and soft drinks but my plan is to have four or five jugs of different cocktails pre mixed and a cocktail list showing what they are. I can then do extra batches of the popular ones. If the ingredients are there and someone wants to whip up a jug of their favourite then perfect, but the idea of having a rake of spirits on the table and everyone mixing and matching sounds far too chaotic for me!

I was especially wondering if anyone had a tasty cocktail recipe for vanilla rum that doesn't involve chocolate?

there are some good websites that have loads of different recipes you should google and go through them!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

mix all your white spirits together in equal measures (1 oz), 2 oz of sweet n sour mix (or orange juice) and 2 oz of coke and serve over ice - you have a long island ice tea. delicious.

Advertisement