Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website review. www.beloved.ie

• 22-06-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭

I'm in the process of setting a website for the other half.
    The basic of the site is here.
    SEO has not really been looked at yet, and there is a load more imagery and content coming for the designers section.
    Also, I'm working on a 'subscribe to be informed when a new dress is added' widget.
    Any advise, comments etc. are greatly welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

nager wrote: »
    I'm in the process of setting a website for the other half.
    The basic of the site is here.
    SEO has not really been looked at yet, and there is a load more imagery and content coming for the designers section.
    Also, I'm working on a 'subscribe to be informed when a new dress is added' widget.
    Any advise, comments etc. are greatly welcomed.

30 seconds to load the homepage, 20 seconds to load every other page after that? Far, far, far too slow & unresponsive.

Also, find the copyright notice on right-click (for everything, not just images) very off-putting. People use right-click for more than stealing your images. (e.g. for copying some text from your site when giving someone a link about it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

For some reason it wasn't crunching the images when I uploaded them - I think I've sorted it now.

I've turned off that stop rightclick option too.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thanks for turning off the blocked right click thing. It's off putting and pointless.

Once something is on the internet, there is little point in protecting it like that. Screenshots, or even just using developer tools in Chrome/Firefox and getting the image from there.

Subtle watermarks are the way to go to protect an image.

Advertisement