Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oysters in Cork

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get nice oysters in Cork city or suburbs please? I've never tried them and my husband wants to bring me to a restaurant to experience them, it's part of my quite dull bucket list :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

sok2005 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get nice oysters in Cork city or suburbs please? I've never tried them and my husband wants to bring me to a restaurant to experience them, it's part of my quite dull bucket list :)

Cheers

If its raw ingredients in City, English market is prob the best, if you're west cork, straight from Union Quay - Restaurants wise try fishy fishy in kinsale or Deasy's in Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Cheers

O'Connells, English Market, You can have your oysters and white wine right there at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Happy Campers x 5

if you're west cork, straight from Union Quay -

?????? Unionhall maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

As it's a restaurant your looking for I'd head down to Novohal and eat in The Finders Inn, I highly recommend the place.
    If you want to buy them yourself pop into a Ballycotton Seafood shop. they're in the English Market, Glanmire and Middleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thank you all for your responses, think my easiest route will be English Market, I could fit that in this weekend! Excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Thank you all for your responses, think my easiest route will be English Market, I could fit that in this weekend! Excited now!

I've never had an oyster myself. My family are all against them, even my mother who is and made me a big shellfish eater of everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Love 'em! Bit of Tabasco and lemon juice, they go down lovely...

My record is 18. My friend & I sat down at Le Suquet (behind Harrod's) and downed 36 between us washed down with lots of champers!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Didn't get to try them today as I couldn't get into the city! Will have to leave it until next week :( Really building this one up, I really hope I like them.

Tabasco and Lemon juice! Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You should go to Jim edwards in kinsale get a half plate of baked and raw oysters they are the best very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

there is a new sea food restaurant in the clarion, where Augustines used to be. called oysters.... ( i'm not associated with it by the way)

http://www.oysters.ie/#/daily-menu/4564685585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

There's oysters and oysters... Get the smaller native ones , not the big pacific ones..... Much nicer...best I've ever had ere in boqeuria on bridge st. But that's a few years , and several chefs ago .......

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

scuby wrote: »
    there is a new sea food restaurant in the clarion, where Augustines used to be. called oysters.... ( i'm not associated with it by the way)

http://www.oysters.ie/#/daily-menu/4564685585

I'm on mobile, but does that site look as bad on a full browser? No line breaks, no distinction between dishes, no prices, and a bunch of random words on the front page?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Your right, The website is barely legible on a laptop let alone a smart phone. Done in a hurry methinks. Also lacks images which is off putting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Checked it on my laptop and it's a lot better, but still impossible to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Whatever of the website the restaurant, Oysters, got a fine review in the Sunday Times today.

Advertisement