Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T.C. request transcripts! am 10 yrs teaching!

• 22-06-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Just wondering did any of you have this problem, I let my registration with the Teaching Council slip by a year ( I know it is my fault), I renewed it in May of this year ( well within time).
    I just got a letter today requesting copies of my transcripts of my results stamped by Garda/Solicitor.... I am teaching 10 yrs... permanent 4yrs.
    What the Hell? Just looked up the college website.... I reckon 80-90e to get them.
    Why are they doing this? I sent in my original documents/certs of my 4yr h.dip degree (hons) originally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

how are they working out that expensive? mine just cost me ten euro when i had to get them for a vec last year....
    if you have previously sent them in, i'd argue that point with them - someone just nees to pull their oar out and look them up .... (or maybe that is too simple to do?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just wondering did any of you have this problem, I let my registration with the Teaching Council slip by a year ( I know it is my fault), I renewed it in May of this year ( well within time).
    I just got a letter today requesting copies of my transcripts of my results stamped by Garda/Solicitor.... I am teaching 10 yrs... permanent 4yrs.
    What the Hell? Just looked up the college website.... I reckon 80-90e to get them.
    Why are they doing this? I sent in my original documents/certs of my 4yr h.dip degree (hons) originally.

I have ordered my transcripts from TCD as I am doing the M.Ed in Ucd in sept but there is no charge but they told me it takes 6-8 weeks !! My friend who has been out of work for over 2 years and was very tempted not to pay TC fee but they told him that he would need to reapply to them if he let it lapse! Needless to say he paid the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I think this happens to anyone who lets their registration lapse....they took all teachers qualifications for granted when the TC was originally set up and people didnt need to provide transcripts (i know we all did to the Dept in Athlone originally....but they are not the TC)....When I started teaching things were different (no minimum % of degree etc) but unfortunately if you let your registration lapse this is what happens as far as Im aware, I just hope you have the minimum % needed for each subject that you teach OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

solerina wrote: »
    I think this happens to anyone who lets their registration lapse....they took all teachers qualifications for granted when the TC was originally set up and people didnt need to provide transcripts (i know we all did to the Dept in Athlone originally....but they are not the TC)....When I started teaching things were different (no minimum % of degree etc) but unfortunately if you let your registration lapse this is what happens as far as Im aware, I just hope you have the minimum % needed for each subject that you teach OP

There was an amnesty of sorts at the beginning if you were in you were registered.

I let mine lapse too, had set up das for payment and moved house in the meantime, the tc stopped doing das so i didnt get renewal notice.

anyway had to go through all the motions. if there are electronic records these will do the job. i went to ul so just gave details.

Advertisement