Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the minimum I should go over with on a migration visa

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have decided to pack in my job here in ireland and go to australia, I have a good job here and im pushing on at 34 but I have no mortgage no kids or a girlfriend, basically im free because I have only myself to look after, I thinking I should have at least 10k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Good man. 10,000e is more than enough to keep you going for a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

are you applying for a skilled migration visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

sponge_bob wrote: »

I havent yet but thats the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

sponge_bob wrote: »

I havent yet but thats the plan
    Think you should have a look into it a bit more before you decide anything. You may end up with more than enough time to get enough money together. Your best bet is probably to get in touch with a decent migration agent for advice. The whole application system is being overhauled on 1st July and even migration agents themselves are not going to be sure what the consequences of this will be until the exact details are released by immigration.

aido79 wrote: »
    Think you should have a look into it a bit more before you decide anything. You may end up with more than enough time to get enough money together. Your best bet is probably to get in touch with a decent migration agent for advice. The whole application system is being overhauled on 1st July and even migration agents themselves are not going to be sure what the consequences of this will be until the exact details are released by immigration.

with these new changes is their a possibility I wont be able to go at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fizzlefozzle

with these new changes is their a possibility I wont be able to go at all

Australia is expensive immigration application and there are some changes happening at the moment. Not sure what this SkillSelect is about. I think if you are keen to leaving, then you need to do some research, and do it well. Also in the mean time save up. I don't think it's a problem if you have your mind set on moving.

Have you looked at New Zealand or Canada too? I think New Zealand is cheaper and easier, to get to, and less difficult restrictions in place. New Zealand may also be a 'portal tunnel' to Australia in later years, when you are long enough there for residency / passport. I think there is some Australia / New zealand arrangement with their passports.

I need to do a lot of work, and research... need to read through everything carefull to see if I even qualify.

It may even take a couple of months to a couple of years to implement an immigration strategy.... talking to an immigration agent may dispell any beliefs you have too about eligibility etc. etc..

Is there any immirgration agencys thats recommended/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Is there any immirgration agencys thats recommended/

Yourself? Seriously, if you can read and write do it yourself and save a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Was reading this thread lastnight about the upcoming changes and i think mrsgreenstar76 seems to know what she is talking about, deffinetly worth a read imo.

oh yeah second universe777, I done it myself I wont say it was wicked simple but it wasnt that hard either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Shadow how hard or simple it is really depends on you and where you land in the skills list.

Are you skills on the list required

Note there is a link to the skills list on the FAQ

• Advertisement

Its a grey area about my skills being on the List, I work in a lab as a QC Biochemist. This has various titles from QC Analyst to Lab Technician etc I have seen biochemist on the list and chemistry technician so im not sure whether I qualify or not, I have a brother who has been a permanent resident there for the past 4 or 5 years , in fact I think hes close to citizenship so that could be a bonus for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well if you are undecided where your skills fit a good migration agent may be worth the money.

Even if you just pay them to assist your skills assessment.

The general jist of the new policy is you submit your skills then await an invitation to apply for PR from the DIAC.

So the better your skills look on paper the better your chances.

I decided to fill in my details on a website called Globalvisas.com, I got a call this morning from an Irish guy based in London. What he had to say sounded very promising, he told me people doing my job ar making about 80 -100k aus dollars a year. He also said that there was many jobs for my profession in melbourne but there were lots of jobs in Perth.He said the process could take 12 to 18 months, the fee is 1600 euro which is payable in 4 installments of 400 euro, he wanted me to pay the first installment there and then.I told hime I wasnt in a position to pay that now but if he called back on thursday I would, I am not sure whether to trust hime or not, I did a search of globalvisas on the net and a few people have some very negetive things to say about the company and thats they are scammers, not sure what to do now

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I decided to fill in my details on a website called Globalvisas.com, I got a call this morning from an Irish guy based in London. What he had to say sounded very promising, he told me people doing my job ar making about 80 -100k aus dollars a year. He also said that there was many jobs for my profession in melbourne but there were lots of jobs in Perth.He said the process could take 12 to 18 months, the fee is 1600 euro which is payable in 4 installments of 400 euro, he wanted me to pay the first installment there and then.I told hime I wasnt in a position to pay that now but if he called back on thursday I would, I am not sure whether to trust hime or not, I did a search of globalvisas on the net and a few people have some very negetive things to say about the company and thats they are scammers, not sure what to do now

First things first.. Your sole source of factual information should be Australian government webites like immi.gov.au and to pick a registered migration agent https://www.mara.gov.au/
    If he is not registered there he is not legit and just a cowboy.

I have decided not to go with GlobalVisas, they just seem to have too much of a dodgy rep , im going to go through USIT and they use this person who seems much more legit http://www.theimmigrationagency.com/

Advertisement