Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law-LC subjects

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Does law require any certain subjects ? eg business/economics ? I recently choose my subjects for 5th year but went with all sciences and no business subjects :( Have I destroyed any chance of doing law now ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

As far as I know, no. No Law course I know requires specific subject requirements outside English, Irish and Maths.

You can check courses and their subject requirements on www.qualifax.ie , clicking on "students" at the top, then "course finder" on the left and then "higher education CAO" and searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I did the same thing and I'm hoping for law next year! There are no requirements, in a way maybe a strong science background would stand to you because everyone else will have history, business subjects etc, whereas you'll be coming at it from a very logical, objective skill set.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Absolutely not! Law requires no subjects. What I will say though is a good firm grip of English is needed as there's a certain degree of formality involved in Law. I did History for my leaving cert and I think it helped with the research side of law (with the research project) as there is a lot of research involved with assignments/looking up cases etc.

Never did Business but I can imagine it will help you with things like Company or Corporate Law if you choose to do those modules in college.

Hope that helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gar105

Hi, I know it's been about three years since this was last active, but I was just wondering if you did decide to do law and if so, how you found it?

P.S I am in the same boat as ye were having picked all science subjects so any advice is helpful. Thanks

Advertisement