Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Party

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I'm having a pizza party for approx. 25 kids and wondering about how many pizzas to get. Hoping to order them in from a local take-away.

Any ideas on how many 12" pizzas I'd need and in what variety?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've done this for 50 kids before (girl guides) and we'd get about 16 large pizzas from dominos. Tbh, we always only got margaritas for them because if there's a choice then there is too much fighting so at least then everyone gets the same. Depending on your age group too, I'd say 10 12'' should be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Thanks a million - the kids are 12 so I think that 8 pizza's should be plenty. I'm looking forward to it even if it will be a bit mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Make sure you are getting them for at least half price, which is the normal price in 'junk mail pizza' outlets. If you give them plenty of notice (e.g. a few days) you are more likely to get the discount. I know guys who do big orders sent to work and it is 40-50% off.

Larger pizzas are a usually a lot better value, so I would go for bigger, you can ask them for double the usual slices. The problem is pizza places compare by diameter, rather than area, so it is not immediately obvious to customers what size they are. I think kids like the sight of giant ones, some places like mizzonis do giant wagon wheel pizzas.

e.g. 16" is 33% larger than 12" by length. But is 78% larger by area, and area is what matters.

You can look up some companies nutritional values online and try and figure out how big they are. e.g. a grown man is recommended 2500kcal a day, a big mac is about 500kcal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 teflonchest

For 25 kids, I guess 10 Pizzas of 12" would be good... And you can check out the place and decide about the variety...

Advertisement