Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guilty Pleasure - "Game and Song" :-)

• 22-06-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

(I know songs eant covered normally under the topic retro gaming , but for this once, we can let it go :)

Right guys, time to get to know ye a bit better :p

(No holding back here now)

First up song, I demand ye slag me over this, but I love it :P

Cracking looking girls all the same ....

And now onto of my guilty pleaure game, here it is :

I want to hate this game, I really do, but I cant. Dust of this game ever now and again on the PS1, actually going to start her up now (which is why I came up with my thread :) ) I remember getting a present of this on the megadrive, the brothers gathering around a small portable TV,playing multiplayer until all hours, while da parents where down stairs thinking we were up in bed alseep :) oh the memories.....

Now, its wine in da hand, and Street Racer on, oh does it getting better than this (huming, you can mke me whole again ha ha)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atomic Kitten 'cracking looking birds'? Crack birds more like.

As for guilty pleasure it would have to be Castlevania Adventure on GB. It's one of the most hated in the series because it's bastard hard and not a lot of fun to play but I got so good at it I actually really enjoyed it. I will admit I can see totally why people don't like it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

(Atomic Kitten) - come on like, was only in my teens, still would though :)

Never played Castlevania Adventure GB, worth giving it a go? Looks nasty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Right I listen to a very wide range of music, last 2 artists I listened to on my media player just happened to by Cindi lauper and squarepusher. But this is a song that when it comes on the radio in work I quietly sing along to it, slag away haha

Guilty pleasure game

Well I have a few, mostly bad PS1 platformers that I just love. Gex and Akuji the Heartless are 2 even though they are crap but here's one that I still go back to no matter how much of a bashing it gets

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

djsim101 wrote: »
    Never played Castlevania Adventure GB, worth giving it a go? Looks nasty!!!

Only if you're a hardcore vania fan. Otherwise I'd recommend the excellent second GB game.

Only if you're a hardcore vania fan. Otherwise I'd recommend the excellent second GB game.
    I must give it a go, to be honest, dont kill me now, but I have never played a Castlevania game :eek:

Ah Jack Sir, da Sugababes, not bad at all, song ud love to hate, but sill finds its way onto mp3 player :P Never played Knightmare Creatures either, I like the intro, kinda like this :

• Advertisement

Just play one of the good castlevanias then like the first game or Castlevania 3. Also not having played Symphony of the Night is a ****ing sin. Sort that **** out!

Sorry dude.....not:)

Give me the best one so, on any system, and I promise, i will give it a go and get back to ye :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Guilty song, anything off the Young Guns 2 soundtrack :o Cmon, it's basically Red Dead Redemption! :D Plus I love the whole mystery surrounding Billy The Kid & his supposed death.

Guilty game? Hmmm...one mans junk is another mans treasure so its hard to say who'll see it as a guilty one, but I like a shot of cheesy light gun games from time to time. Mad Dog McRee etc :o So continuing on the Western theme...

Well there's two types of Castlevanias, the older more linear ones and the later exploration based ones. Of the exploration based ones Symphony of the Night is far and away the best and one of the best games ever made. It was released on the PS1 but is very expensive. You can get it on PSN or on XBLA, I'd go with PSN if you have a choice. Another choice is to get Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, the game can be unlocked on that.

As for the linear based games a lot of people will tell you it's Rondo of Blood on the PC Engine CD-Rom add-on. Great game but I'd actually choose Castlevania 3 on the NES or Super Castlevania on the SNES. The Megadrive game Bloodlines ain't too shabby either. Those 3 are much easier to get hold of but if you do want to play Rondo of blood then get Dracula X Chronicles on PSP. It's a 3D remake of the original but also has the original game unlockable, it's worth playing both. Also as mentioned it's got Symphony of the Night on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right.Since I'm an old geezer , I listen to pretty embarrassing music anyway.Probably the best/or worst example though would be this

Partly picked up from my missis love of bad 80's rock and a lot to do with cruising around with Fernando's Emotion 98.3 on the radio when I was playing GTA:Vice City.
    Biggest guilty pleasure in gaming is probably this:

I love gauntlet , and even though the Atari 8 bit port isnt great (and so overlooked that its usually left out of most 8 bit comparison vids)its the first version I had at home and I get a kick out of playing it
    (of course I load up the master system port afterwards..;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

We bought the Sega Vintage Collection Streets of Rage and spent around half an hour with this on loop and TV up full :p

produced by Chibi-Tech using samples from the original game. http://chibitech.nanjamonja.com/p/works-and-all-them-street-cred.html

Advertisement