Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Penders

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bpmull wrote: »
    My father went there was a couple of bargains but most of the stuff was pricey enough. The best deal he said he saw was a 2007 Hyundai Tucson 4wd 2.0 diesel go for 4400 euro which was pretty good other than that there was nothing that majourly cheap although he only see. Half of the auction.

That musta had pretty high mileage? Also, percieved as being "high tax" pre 2008 model. Despite being infinitely cheaper to buy, Irish motorists gotta pay double to get the "cheap" tax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

mfitzy wrote: »
    Heard a rumour Dooley Motors maybe taking on the Ford franchise in KK. If not, one of the others around like Bolands potentially.
    I heard that think it's true but it's not Dooley motors or bolands it's a ford and mazda dealer from up the country suppose to take over in the next couple of weeks from what I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

That musta had pretty high mileage? Also, percieved as being "high tax" pre 2008 model. Despite being infinitely cheaper to buy, Irish motorists gotta pay double to get the "cheap" tax!

No the milage wasn't that high around 70k miles as far as I can remember. It is funny the tax system someone would rather pay 9k for a 2008 just to get cheaper tax the real bargains are in pre 2008 cars.

I heard that think it's true but it's not Dooley motors or bolands it's a ford and mazda dealer from up the country suppose to take over in the next couple of weeks from what I heard.

Finlays of Newbridge perhaps? They do Ford and Volvo....
    Youngs had been mentioned in terms of Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

It is funny the tax system someone would rather pay 9k for a 2008 just to get cheaper tax the real bargains are in pre 2008 cars.

Nobody stops to analyze anything, they just listen to the marketing blurb and go with the flow:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Sorry to see Pender's go - I always enjoyed meeting Barry (he always got my name wrong, but it was consistent) and the workshop and parts guys were really helpful over the years.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

i passed today and see a new garage is opening for service and repairs

i passed today and see a new garage is opening for service and repairs

Saw that as well last week. There were cars on the forecourt (secondhand) for sale.
    Reckon Ford will be anxious to fill the void as Penders would have been one of their best garages I'd volume wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

are lyngs taking over ford dealership??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I heard last week Barry Pender was starting up again, if its there I don't know,maybe somewhere else.

• Advertisement

yeah barry is starting selling again and there's a workshop open there too, though its independent of barry, its just leased out to them apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Are they still doing the car rental??
    It was the only place near us that I could get an 8 seater from. :(

are lyngs taking over ford dealership??

Did you hear this? Be a good move for Ford as he certainly can sell cars.

i heard this on friday last from a different main dealer but sure it could be all lies too.

i heard this on friday last from a different main dealer but sure it could be all lies too.

I heard Dooleys were taking over so there's lots of hearsay out there. Guess we gotta wait and see.
    Penders garage itself seems to be going to be converted into an indy garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dun Doire

I heard Dooleys were taking over so there's lots of hearsay out there. Guess we gotta wait and see.

I have it on good account that Michael Lyng has the Ford Dealership for Kilkenny and that he will be using his Mitsubishi garage on the Hebron Rd to accomodate this.
    If this is the case its nice to see a strong established dealership getting it!

Dun Doire wrote: »
    I have it on good account that Michael Lyng has the Ford Dealership for Kilkenny and that he will be using his Mitsubishi garage on the Hebron Rd to accomodate this.
    If this is the case its nice to see a strong established dealership getting it!

Not too surprising, the Mitsubishi range in Ireland has gone to pot and I'd say volumes are tiny. Hyundai are streets ahead. Ford will be a big success for Lyngs as they have a very good range of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

A few guys from Mark Murphys garage out in Clara have setup on their own in Penders workshop.

Yeah Lyngs taking on the Ford dealership out of where they have Mitsi at the minute. Not sure what will happen to the Mitsi dealership now.

Am I right in saying Michael Lyng started with Penders originally or they both worked in Donohoes Enniscorthy or something...

good on them.......and best wishes to all.

• Advertisement

I see there's a new car sales garage operating now at old Penders. Kilkenny car complex it's called. Still have a lot of used Fords on the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

I see there's a new car sales garage operating now at old Penders. Kilkenny car complex it's called. Still have a lot of used Fords on the forecourt.

I heard Barry jnr is involved with this new setup. I also saw one of the contact in their Kilkenny People ad last week was a Barry so I'd say this is correct.

It's still Barry Pender - just a new business is all.

Michael Lyng Motors has his new fancy Ford signs and all up outside the Hebron road garage and painted blue and silver of Ford.

Advertisement