Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug problem...?

• 22-06-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I am really confused and hope someone can help me with this problem.
    I keep large bags of flour in the utility and there have been weird holes in it at the bottom in three of these bags. I thought it was a rat or something at first but no other piece of food was touched! If anyone has any advice or anything really please reply, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

how big are the holes? does it look like something has scratched the hole open, or eaten it open? could be weevils.

personally even though i'd only have 2 kg bags at a time i'd keep stuff like four, oats, etc in plastic or glass containers. wash with warm soapy water, rinse well and make sure they're bone dry before you use 'em. my grandmother used to swear by putting a bay leaf in the container to keep 'em at bay [no pun intended] and i've read that a few times since. anything that might have been infested with weevils or other flour bugs, again just me - but i'd bin in. i'm a freak for food hygiene. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

It is likely that something has got into the bags to lay it's eggs.

What it was I don't know but get the bags well away from where they are so as not to have a infestation.

Advertisement