Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My handgun saga

Options
  • 22-06-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

So a few months ago i decided to take my pistol shooting seriously. i decided to sell/trade my sig mosquito {worst pistol i ever used} after lots of research i decided on a 1911 clone. i tried the colt and the gsg{gsg is same gun as sig 1911 just rebranded but sig nearly double the price} after test firing both and some more research i decided the GSG1911 was the one for me:D

got my serial number and off to do the sub paperwork.sub took five weeks but once it came i was happy out:D off to the dealer i trotted to give him the licence to apply to the DOJ for an import licence.

this is where i hit my first issue:eek: i got a call from the dealer to say that the DOJ would not issue an import licence anymore for licences that said "other" for manufacturer:mad: so after a few calls and the help of one individual the DOJ changed there way of doing things and i was told they would issue an import licence:D

my happiness was short lived as the date on my licence said 01/01/1000 i needed to get a reprint to get import licence. it just so happened that one showed up two days later. so everything was sorted and i was on track to have my firearm in no more than 6 weeks:D

eight weeks later i still had no firearm and after loads of calls over a two week period i got a call 16 days ago on a wednesday to say my firearm could not be found. the manufacturer were saying it was shipped but could not provide tracking details:eek: to say i was losing my cool was an understatement. the dealer reckoned it would be quicker to do a sub and apply again. i was rightly pissed but was advised{by a friend} to wait till the manufacturer cou;d explain were it was and not to do sub till i got an answer. the weekend passed and i got a text from the dealer to say the manufcturer had found it and it would be shipped on tuesday:D:D

So finally today i got the call not to collect but that it would de dropped to me by the dealer:D so here she is

20120622184042.th.jpg

20120622211206.th.jpg

20120622211230.th.jpg

i was so annoyed throught the whole process that i considered just giving up and not bothering with a pistol:eek: but now that i have it im delighted that i didnt give up. can wait to go shoot some rounds through it:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well done!! It still seems the usual SNAFUs and feckin about re pistols in Ireland is still endemic.:rolleyes:But you got it in the end,and thats the important thing.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Well done!! It still seems the usual SNAFUs and feckin about re pistols in Ireland is still endemic.:rolleyes:But you got it in the end,and thats the important thing.;)

its mad the stuff i went through just for a sub. getting my first pistol licence wasnt that hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Done and dusted now lad, enjoy it!

Advertisement