Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Firewall gone restrictive

Options
  • 22-06-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Ok so i was trying to play Lemlin on fifa tonight in the boards league and my internet was being its usual bitchy self, My firewall setting is coming up as restrictive, Now i'm with a local crowd down here in Limerick and have been having problems playing certain people since i got it in, You're man even called again with a newly flashed router (tp-link) but it seems to have only made things worse :/ He said my set-up is diffrent so i can't go open ports and all that stuff am i best off getting a new router ! I'm fed up of it at this stage :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Has your router got a setting for a dmz? You could put your xbox in the dmz and that basically opens all ports to your router.

Or you could try disabling the firewall on your router when your playing FIFA. Not something i'd recommend doing permanently.

If your not being allowed to open up ports on that router then yeah i'd get a new router. Just make sure its the correct type (ie: cable, adsl) and check that they don't restrict access to their routers. I think its upc that don't let you use your own routers.

If none of those are an option i'd get a new ISP tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah i can use my own router if i want which one would you recommend (its a cable one I need) the one at the moment is a TP link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-Cisco-WRT120N-Wireless-N-Router/dp/B00318BN72/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1340466087&sr=8-4

Something like that should do the job, but you'd want to make sure thats the right cable connection on it for your broadband. I have an linksys (adsl) router myself and have never had a single problem with it. Allows for a lot of flexibility when it comes to ports forwarding and QoS.

But again make sure that its the right type of connection on it for your cable, cause i don't know a great deal about the how the cable isp's work.

Might not be a bad idea to post in the broadband forum too, as i'm sure a few there will have replaced their cable routers too.

Advertisement