Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracksuit wearing individuals and Budweiser

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they be able to handle it? Budweiser is a lot stronger than a lot of beers.

Erm its 4.3% ABV. Just like Heiniken, Miller, Carlsberg (though the cans only seem to be 4%), Most of the contenetal stuff is 5% or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Budweiser is pure piss.

No, they're so cheap its probably just watered down piss.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

So the dray horses do two jobs in budweiser then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

stovelid wrote: »
    Does it not get boring compiling unpaid statistical surveys of local shops at the weekend?

Doing that and adding to my pressed flower collection is how I spend my weekend.

On topic, they drink de buds and wear de trackies cause it's their identity, and they want to fit in with each other. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 xL

Taste is subjective, as is style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bud and tracksuit clad skangers is a stereotype which is probably true. Can one of these handle quality German beer? No they cannot, they drink the weakest beer(Bud) and act as if they are the toughest guys in the hood!

They are really weaklings who can not handle stronger beer, guess it goes with their inferior intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Heckler wrote: »
    E.G. Rheinbacher 6 x pint bottles for 6.??. Result.

Alright it ain't the best but its better than ****ing budweiser.

Take that back! Rheinbacher is Gods gift to man! It's the best beer in Ireland imo. Closely followed by St. Etienne!

Bud 66 is alright. It's all about the bubbles. Small bubbles = nicer beer, ie: St. Etienne, Jupiler, Blonderbrau (yes, those bright orange cans!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Erm its 4.3% ABV. Just like Heiniken, Miller, Carlsberg (though the cans only seem to be 4%), Most of the contenetal stuff is 5% or more.

It's 4.8%. It was 5% until January 2012 when its ABV percentage was cut.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090136/Taxbeater-Stella-Budweiser-cut-alcohol-levels-bid-save-millions-pounds-duty-hikes.html

Track suits Footie and bud' this Generation is very conformist indeed .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Meanwhile back in Ireland we have our own excise rates which haven't increased since 1994.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/duties/excise-duty-rates.html

Exceeding 1.2% volume but not exceeding 2.8% volume 7.85 per hectolitre per cent of alcohol in the beer
    Exceeding 2.8% volume 15.71 per hectolitre per cent of alcohol in the beer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

sgb wrote: »
    Budweiser is the only alcoholic drink you can mix with marijuana

You are surrounded by dope heads
    PBroderick wrote: »
    at least you can have a bit of crack with a bud drinker.
    Bud is obviously a gateway drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

anyone know where I can lay my mits on some Jupliler in Dublin, a damn fine brew indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I meant to say Jupiler, haven't started yet if you're wondering, it's only two o'clock :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

It's made from rice, making it a lot lighter than a typical continental lager.

Marketing, product placement in Hollywood Films, that stupid American trailer-style gravelly voiceover on the ads.

It's called BUD, bud.

If your target market has no taste already ( John Player Blue, Baby Blue Tracksuits, Soapbar Hash, Air Max, Yop, Chips, Aslan ), then the quality is moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It's made from rice, making it a lot lighter than a typical continental lager.

Marketing, product placement in Hollywood Films, that stupid American trailer-style gravelly voiceover on the ads.

It's called BUD, bud.

If your target market has no taste already ( John Player Blue, Baby Blue Tracksuits, Soapbar Hash, Air Max, Yop, Chips, Aslan ), then the quality is moot.

Nicely done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I dont see anything wrong with budweiser,but i prefer bulmers myself more of a cider drinker,its what i drank in my youth,(minus the tracksuits),but ya seeing someone coming out of an offie with a full shell tracksuit and a slab of budweiser isnt exactly an image to behold..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

you can be pretty sure these individuals dont contribute anything to society so dont have to worry about going to work with the killer hangover it leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

On After Hours today: Let's all make fun of povvers and their awful taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

no i dont believe in making fun of the poor,you cant help having poor taste if your poor though,taste is expense,i remember the days a pack of fags cost 1.01p (i know im ancient),and pints could be bought easy..not like now its madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

It doesn't stain the huggies as much as Guinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

BUDWEISER IS MY FAVOURITE BEER!!

There, I said it...................

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Beer snobs are the worst type of people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

I didn't read the whole thread, hope I don't repeat anyone, but I've been aware of this phenomenon for a good few years. At some point, around 10-15 years ago, lager became the drink of choice amongst the 15-30 year old male demographic. It supplanted guinness and other stouts and ales. Some Budweiser/Heineken drinkers were also Cider drinkers but I think the lager was doing most of the business.

Anyway, over the last 10-15 years, Irish working class, or should I say, Irish social welfare class, have had bit of a glut in terms of recreational spending. If money was tight, they may be required to drink the 6 for a fiver type drinks but they are not. So in the same vein, that people that don't seem to work a lot, or earn a lot, have a lot of expensive runners, tracksuits, phones, cars etc. they also spend that bit more on the cans. I think it's bit of a paradoxical sort of social snobbery, these young fellas, especially the more savvy, slightly higher up the social scale ones, wouldn't be caught dead drinking dutch gold but go for budweiser every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

The judging and snobbery on this thread is unbelievable. It's a drink for gods sake it's always the same out come after a few anyway.

Get called a social welfare bum if you fancy a can of Dutch gold.

Get called a skanger if you drink Budweiser. Mightn't be to your taste but you can't deny how much of that stuff gets sold all over the world.

FFS folks get a grip! Does it really bother you that much?

*sits back and sips some Gray Goose vodka*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I tried some Bud Light once on the recommendation of an American friend. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Bud-Light is Piss-Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Why is Budweiser so popular in Ireland as opposed to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

djPSB wrote: »

Think it's because they've got the likes of Carling, which is all over the place in England (and Tennent's in Scotland), whereas neither of those beers have any serious foothold in the Irish market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

the German spelling

Drinking today is more of an idea that has to do with lifestyle .
    It is'nt as much about beer as about alcohol .How many would bother without the alcohol .The young will never complain and the brewers know this very well .They don't complain because they know nothing better . Real Ale is something you don't forget .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Fosters and Stella are the most consumed there I'd say. Well seemed like that when I was there. If I remember correctly it was rare to have bud on tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Heckler wrote: »
    I live within eyeshot of an offlicence and I can say without fear of contradiction every, lets say tracksuit clad but not an athlete, person that i've noticed going in comes out with a 6-pack, crate, slab whatever of budweiser. Without fail.

Its not the the cheapest gatt around but its without doubt the foulest pisswater known to man.

So why do our sporty friends drink it ? Do they think its fashionable and care what others in the bush see them drinking ?

Answers on a postcard.

It's all down to marketing. When Anto and Deco sit down to watch the Premier League, they are bombarded with ads for Budpiss etc.

It shows just how impressionable they are. It's disgusting.

Advertisement