Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun na Corribe

Options
  • 22-06-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

Was just wondering if Dun na Corribe would be suitable for a mature student going in to study Psychology next year in NUIG and a working guy? We would be living there for 2 years at least so just want to be sure it's a nice enough estate.

I'm not worried about Rag week or anything just if it's constantly noisey that wouldn't suit really... Also how long would it take to walk to college from there? I'm thinkin 5-10mins?

And if you don't think Dun Na Corribe is nice then do you know of anywhere else that might suit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Id that beside Gort na Corribe? If Rag Week is not a problem, then it should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

I live in the apartment section now and it's grand to be honest, no hassle at all.

I lived in the house section of Dun Na Coribe a few years back, in my 3rd year and had no complaints then either. We were all 3rd year students, and although we got a noise complaint on our first night back, that was it. From what I could see in my time there during Sept-May, it's a mixture of later-year students and young professional. It's not so loud you can't study and not a ghost town. The perfect blend really.

Bins are sound, and Dunnes is only across the road. College is about a 10 minute walk across the bridge, depending on what section you're in. The only thing is climbing up a dirt track to get on the bridge, or crossing the bridge if you want to use the pedestrian crossing.

As far as I know, that video was a once off, and was a Gort na Coribe student spillover. The RAG week I had in Dun na Coribe was rag-week enoughy in the case that we had couches out during the 9-5 hot weather day time and obviously parties before town but nothing of the sort of the video above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Lived in Dun na Coiribe a year ago, good place to stay, not noisy. Mainly filled by professionals and non-first years. Was there at the time of the youtube video above, and to be honest I didn't know it happened until I saw the video later.

That being said though, my friends were driving through there and a bunch of idiots decided it would be hilarious for them to rock the car as they passed the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Thanks so much for your replies, they have been very helpful. We've decided to give it a go and move in :) can't wait now :)

Thanks again!

Advertisement