Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to go about organising an 18th birthday party in a pub?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hey guys :D

My friend is gonna be 18 in a few weeks time and she's asked me and our other friends to help her out in planning it. We've decided on a pub,just haven't booked yet and have a couple of queries regarding booking the pub/cake

1.To book the pub,would she(friend) phone up or go into the pub and ask whoever is serving or would she have to ask for a specific person?

2. She's probably going to get a cake made at the bakery,how many days in advance should she collect it and when should she take it to the pub so they can serve it?

3.There'll probably be decorations. Do we provide the decorations ourself and give them to the pub to put up around the place?

They probably sound like REALLY stupid questions but none of us have no idea what happens as we've never been to any 18th's or 21sts before so don't know how to go about organising it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

1. Phone the pub an tell them what you want, they may get a manager to call you back.

2. If its a cream cake it would need to be collected & delivered on the day.

3. My view would be if you want decorations put them up yourselves; photographs etc. The pub may have generic decorations that they'll throw up, ask them when you call.

Enjoy your night

Advertisement