Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up remover for dry/combination skin

• 23-06-2012 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new make up remover for my face as my Clarins cleansing cream is running out.

I have dry/combination/sensitive skin and suffer with acne.

I'd prefer something that's not not expensive and can be gotten in either Boots or online, as I'm not near any cities so am limited in shop choices.

All help and suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Look up 'oil cleansing method'. It's absolutely brilliant. Don't let the 'oil' part freak you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Look up 'oil cleansing method'. It's absolutely brilliant. Don't let the 'oil' part freak you out.
    To be honest I'd need to do a lot of research into the oil cleansing method before trying it, but I need a make up remover this week as I have very little of my Clarins cleanser left and I'd rather not use make up remover wipes if someone can recommend a good make up remover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

The Boots Hot Cloth cleanser is really good. Comes with muslin cloth included and qualifies for the 7.50 vouchers so great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah, I was gonna recommend the Hot Cloth Cleanser too. Boots are doing No. 7 vouchers at the moment too, so if you have anything else you need to buy, you could do so, get the voucher and then use it on the cleanser! Think it's around 5 or 6 euro after the voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Op I'd describe my skin exactly as you described yours!

I was just going to recommend the boots number seven hot cloth cleanser too it's fab and a bargain it's lasted me ages! My cloth got worn so now I just apply with my fingers and remove with face cloth but it still works as well best of all there is no scent off this so it's perfect for sensitive skin

I use an amazing product with it called the balm eye make up
    Break up it looks like Vaseline but its incredible stuff rub a little over you eyes and it dissolves everything :) then I use the boots cleanser over it. A tin lasts for ages and i love it as I've dry skin and this doesn't tug on it.

Nip and fab oil cleanser is very good too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks so much everyone.

I actually have two of those No.7 vouchers so will pick up the cleanser this week :)

Will let you know how I get on with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

the no7 melting gel cleanser is also great, and I like the cleansing water from no7 too, both are great, and I've dry skin

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I think cetaphil is fantastic. Its very gentle and would suit your skintype

Advertisement