Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vains 100 push up challenge

Options
  • 23-06-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

More than likely no interest to anyone :D

But just want a log to help me keep track!

Week 1 day 1

SET 1 : 6
    SET 2 : 6
    SET 3 : 4
    SET 4 : 4
    SET 5max (14)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm interested! :p

I've started a few push up challenges in the past but never stuck with them. I will be interested to see your progress and maybe seeing the results may motivate me to start again and stick with a challenge.

Good luck. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

How many can you do fresh, non-stop at the moment?

What are your stats..weight, bench etc.?

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

BKC wrote: »
    I'm interested! :p

I've started a few push up challenges in the past but never stuck with them. I will be interested to see your progress and maybe seeing the results may motivate me to start again and stick with a challenge.

Good luck. ;)

Thanks! This is the one im doing

http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Im following the middle one 6 to 10 push ups. I more than likely could of done the out side one 11 to 20 as i never did the test but i say i could do about 18 good form push ups in a go, but im in no rush goal is the same at the end:)

K4t wrote: »
    How many can you do fresh, non-stop at the moment?

What are your stats..weight, bench etc.?

Good luck!

I haven't done a count yet, my guess would be 18 I will check on my rest days at the weekend. No stats haven't gotten around to taking them but will update them when I do. No idea what I bench either havnt done weights in a long time!

Week 1 day 1

SET 1 : 6
    SET 2 : 8
    SET 3 : 8
    SET 4 : 6
    SET 5 max: (12)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Throw in some decline push ups into your training (legs raised..on a chair for example). It increases the pressure on your upper body, helped me with increasing my reps!

Also, work out those triceps, they're crucial to improving your push ups! Otherwise your arms are gonna get tired quickly!

• Advertisement

Better late than never, work may get in the way like the last few days, but rest assure I will reach the end of the 100 push up challenge.!

I also started decline push ups!

Week 1 day 3

SET 1 : 8
    SET 2 : 10
    SET 3 : 7
    SET 4 : 7
    SET 5 max: (12)

Decline push ups max: 6

Advertisement