Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to training

Options
  • 23-06-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys,

I use to be crazy for going the gym practically lived in it! However over the past couple of years I lost the enthusiasm and lost my fitness to. Basically at one point I was 80kg about 13% body fat 33 waist . No I am 96 kg I imagine close to 20% body fat 36 inch waist . I recently rejoined the gym next to where I live as location was a problem before hand. Now I want to get serious! I'll sort my diet out increasing protein and good fat intake lowering carb intake to what I get from fruit and veg! But I'm rusty on the training!

I want to return to play soccer this year but no power or fitness levels has left a lot to be desired! What I wonder is what would be a good resistance weight session to preform to increase strenght and explosive power while cutting body fat and getting leaner !

Would I have to periodise(not sure if that's a word) things ? Maybe begin with beginners strenght ? Although I have good technique and knowledge of the gym as I say I use to practically live in it! And i get bored of the tradional strenght training of lift heavey sit for 5 minutes crap! Or can I got into an intermediate strenght and power regime ? Although as I say 2 years out no fitness at all in me or strenght !

I would use my non weight days to
    Condition : cone sprints , hill sprints , sled dragging etc

Starting today:

Weight 96kg
    Waist 36inch
    Bodyfat (I'm going with )20%
    Arms 15.5 inch
    Calf 15 inch
    Thigh 26 inch

What I'd aim to be in 12-15 weeks through exercise and diet is
    Weights 80-83kg
    Waist 32-34inch