Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Tracking now

Options
  • 23-06-2012 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I put this here even though its a cycling event we are using this technology at today but if you look at www.tracksmart.info/maracycle you will see a Google map of the Maracycle route from Belfast to Dublin and the progress of the cyclist en route updated every 5 seconds.

C1 is the lead vehicle at the head of the field, S1 is at the rrear of the pack and the others are medical backup vehicles.

Jim Aughney has agreed to use it at the next race in the Marathon Series to track participants from each county and some lead vehicles.

We used at Belfast Marathon and also Lisburn Half Mar to track runners and vehicles as a race management tool but individual runners can hire one to track their own progress for friends and family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I put this here even though its a cycling event we are using this technology at today but if you look at www.tracksmart.info/maracycle you will see a Google map of the Maracycle route from Belfast to Dublin and the progress of the cyclist en route updated every 5 seconds.

Jim Aughney has agreed to use it at the next race in the Marathon Series to track participants from each county and some lead vehicles.

We used at Belfast Marathon and also Lisburn Half Mar to track runners and vehicles as a race management tool but individual runners can hire one to track their own progress for friends and family.

Nice technology Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is tracksmart your own ChampionChip? Was thinking some kind of tracking would be useful for my own business. Is it £5 per month/£50 per year all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Its not mine but its a company in Belfast who I have tied in with to help promote the system to sports events and I get them introductions from my event contacts.

Email me on glenn@championchipireland.com for contact details.

If you click on follow tracker and then select C1 the car icon will stick in the centre of the map and stay there as the route progresses.

Thanks, email sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looks great was just tracking, are there other applications for this, as example as a tracking device from a safety perspective, heading out on a long bike the OH could check your status if you were late back or is it just in a race environment?

No limit to the usages of the tracker. I plan to buy one for my parents who are getting on a bit and wire it into their car so if they get stuck or breakdown I know where they are at all times.

You can buy one and have it on you when out for a run or on the bike and then pop it into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cormie wrote: »
    Is tracksmart your own ChampionChip? Was thinking some kind of tracking would be useful for my own business. Is it £5 per month/£50 per year all in?

From reading it I'm fairly sure that's the data plan for the sim only! I've actually done alot of work myself in the whole GPS datalogging for my college work, I use low cost Android phones myself, with a custom app on them to gather the data! Very easy to get a live trace on where the vehicle is, and a detailed log of what their average speed etc was!

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    heading out on a long bike the OH could check your status if you were late back or is it just in a race environment?

But what about when you have skived off for a few pints after your cycle, and the wife rings you up telling ya that she can see your in the pub haha!

Never heard anything back from the chap anyway so hopefully that's the all in cost?...

I passed on your email enquiry to Don and he will get back to you asap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement