Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Transfer Interview

• 23-06-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    First thread here guys so apologies is I've posted in the wrong place.
    I'm just qualified with a level 7 degree in civil engineering from I.T. Sligo and have applied to transfer to University of Limerick for their level 8. They e-mailed me the other day and have asked me to come for an interview. I was just wondering if there was on this who has attended a similar interview because I'm a bit unsure what to expect really like it is a friendly how-do-you-do kind of thing or I am about to sit the my finals all over again in a week :S??
    Any help here would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 justintime1

MAOR wrote: »
    Hi all,
    First thread here guys so apologies is I've posted in the wrong place.
    I'm just qualified with a level 7 degree in civil engineering from I.T. Sligo and have applied to transfer to University of Limerick for their level 8. They e-mailed me the other day and have asked me to come for an interview. I was just wondering if there was on this who has attended a similar interview because I'm a bit unsure what to expect really like it is a friendly how-do-you-do kind of thing or I am about to sit the my finals all over again in a week :S??
    Any help here would be appreciated

It won't be like sitting your finals at all... Basically, what you need to do is make them think that they want you in their university. Drive and ambition is what they are looking for... Sell yourself! They have already seen your marks presumably?? If you have met the requirements marks-wise then getting a place will be dependant on verbal communication so like I said - make them think you are going to be an asset to the university! I have done this before so I know what it's about. Know your stuff... Look through the modules you will be doing in UL, and maybe look into them in some detail so if they ask you anything about them you can give them a bit of info - shows that you are interested. Good luck with your interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MAOR

Thanks for much for the help! Will get on to that asap, cheers for the good luck wishes aswell!!

Advertisement