Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gypsy Begger with 2 bouncers

• 23-06-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hey

I wanted to do something nice for the missus so got up early to make breakfast. Went over to tesco in drumcondra. Pulled up in the car park on the side and there was a Gypsy begger getting into a sleeping bag,well dressed mind you. Then two burly gypsy bouncers ( better dressed than I was with little red cups) were pacing up and down the footpath checking in every couple of seconds with the main attraction. Peeping around the corner looking quite intimidating.
    She then proceeded to ask me for money after I saw all this going on, told her to feck off and said to ask her cronies ,who then came back and pretty much surrounded me. I just raised my voice and pushed my way past them.
    This really irritated me, with the state the country is in you have people like this ripping off innocent taxpayers. Also what if i was a pensioner or someone who would be intimidated by this, you would feel forced to pay them money.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

And you left without calling the guards, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

chin_grin wrote: »
    Duh. He had to get home to tell the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Maybe it was the fact that you told her to feck off when she asked you for money. You were the one in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

They know well what would hhappen to them back home for this. Some pissed up police would just beat them up, take their money and drop them off down the road.

Easy pickings over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Next time just take a deep breath tilt ya head back and just scream this word
    RAAAAAAAAPE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

How do you know he did not call the guards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

There's a guy in Waterford who every night of the weekend hangs around all the clubs in grubby clothes selling roses. I've seen him during the week wearing a suit on the way to work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They know well what would hhappen to them back home for this. Some pissed up police would just beat them up, take their money and drop them off down the road.

Easy pickings over here.

Ah, here now!

There's no call for that.....:mad:

The Gardai in Blanchardstown are the same as in Drumcondra....:p

Standman wrote: »
    Maybe it was the fact that you told her to feck off when she asked you for money. You were the one in the wrong.

Fair play to him for standing up to them too many people feel obliged to give them money. They should feck off and beg in their own country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

james123 wrote: »
    This really irritated me, with the state the country is in you have people like this ripping off innocent taxpayers. .........

What happened to "innocent people"?

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    Fair play to him for standing up to them too many people feel obliged to give them money.
    And many others just ignore them and walk on. I really don't see how it's that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Guards have been called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

There's a guy in Waterford who every night of the weekend hangs around all the clubs in grubby clothes selling roses. I've seen him during the week wearing a suit on the way to work!

That's a good business idea. He should go on dragons den seeking 1 million euro for 5% of his company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Jesus most of the times the bounce what to keep you away from they place of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Laughing at the intro - "I was in Tesco Drumcondra car park early this morning when I saw..." would have sufficed. Tranna get the ladies of Boards to fancy ya? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

A 'beggar' came up to me about a year ago while I was talking to a friend, he started saying 'give me money, my child will die, my child has leukemia, I want money now, he will die' ect. ect. We just ignored him for as long as we could but he wouldn't stop asking, I looked at him and I could see he had four or five gold teeth, I said you could sell your teeth for a start, he got very nasty then and started saying '**** you, **** you', I just smiled at him, :). He went off down the road and we saw him doing the same routine with another group of people, these kind of people really piss my off. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Fair play to him for standing up to them too many people feel obliged to give them money. They should feck off and beg in their own country.

+1 there :)

If we were to go over to there country and do the same, im pretty sure it wouldnt be tolerated, to say the very least!
    Soft touch of the irish, letting them in and now they wont leave, seems there are a lot less about than a year or two ago but maybe thats just me ignoring them :P:pac:

Ive no problem with beggars etc, these things happen and all, but you can usually see the genuine ones most of the time tbh.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    And many others just ignore them and walk on. I really don't see how it's that difficult.

Some people find it difficult to ignore them perhaps they feel sorry for them especially if they have a child with them.
    personally I have no problem what so ever ignoring them and walking past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Next time just take a deep breath tilt ya head back and just scream this word
    RAAAAAAAAPE

Tommy Tiernan just jumped into me head, get out ya bastard.

The vampires wont be lettin this shiit go on for long,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

This situation just beggars belief

• Advertisement

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    +1 there :)

If we were to go over to there country and do the same, im pretty sure it wouldnt be tolerated, to say the very least!
    Which country would that be now?
    candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Ive no problem with beggars etc...
    Just as long as they're Irish, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

LMFAO. As someone said earlier, you can usually see the genuine ones. I give to those ones.

<gasp> Of course! :pac:
    How do you know he did not call the guards?

Because that's a detail you don't really omit from an opening post.
    Guards have been called

Nice one.

<gasp> Of course! :pac:

Because that's a detail you don't really omit from an opening post.

Nice one.

Are there rules to writing opening posts. Did I miss that session, please god someone fill me in, before anyone else gets hurt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Well, i assumed when i saw gypsies in the OPs post and some posts after that, they were of the Roma variety since we seem to be almost overrun with them over irish beggars/gypsies especially in the city centre, but apologies if i was wrong. :)

the majority of the time yes.
    excluding junkies looking for "spare change buuudddd" etc etc :pac: then imho the most genuine beggars are mostly of the irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

She then proceeded to ask me for money after I saw all this going on, told her to feck off and said to ask her cronies ,who then came back and pretty much surrounded me. I just raised my voice and pushed my way past them.

I hope you didn't actually say this to her. No wonder her cronies got belligerent. You were lucky you didn't get a slap.

Are there rules to writing opening posts. Did I miss that session, please god someone fill me in, before anyone else gets hurt!!

Less of the lip boy.

You left it out therefore I suggested you do something that I didn't know you already did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR98ulEjqRP3JNj5ifYfDLE2IEnOsPwHHLZZ3JmRb0qi1Ua2Q8mxg

Is this the guy?

I said it to both

This is an organised crime gang which is part of a larger network and should be stamped out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I very rarely, very rarely, give spare change to anyone begging. I know, I'm a bit of a prick, but it's very hard to see the genuine cases from the scammers. The Roma I don't like at all, but then it's hardly fun what they do. Some of them get forced to beg for money, and they themselves don't get it. It's some kind of Mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Irish ones do not go around in gangs and then give their proceeds to the boss man at the top who is usually driving a bmw/merc by the way.
    A little offering never ends with these scam artists. And they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for fraud and tax evasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Augmerson wrote: »
    I very rarely, very rarely, give spare change to anyone begging. I know, I'm a bit of a prick, but it's very hard to see the genuine cases from the scammers. The Roma I don't like at all, but then it's hardly fun what they do. Some of them get forced to beg for money, and they themselves don't get it. It's some kind of Mafia.

don't say that about yourself, you are not a prick.
    Any chance youd lend me a tenner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Hey

I wanted to do something nice for the missus so got up early to make breakfast. Went over to tesco in drumcondra. Pulled up in the car park on the side and there was a Gypsy begger getting into a sleeping bag,well dressed mind you. Then two burly gypsy bouncers ( better dressed than I was with little red cups) were pacing up and down the footpath checking in every couple of seconds with the main attraction. Peeping around the corner looking quite intimidating.
    This really irritated me, with the state the country is in you have people like this ripping off innocent taxpayers. Also what if i was a pensioner or someone who would be intimidated by this, you would feel forced to pay them money.

:mad:

this reminds me of coming home from college one day these **** come out washing windows on cars and everyone is telling them to **** off. They thrown some dirty water on the window and come looking for money. So they come down to this audi and the driver tells them to go away and yor man keeps at the windows so the driver finally tells him to **** off. Which leds to said window washer throwing a huge kicked into the drivers door.

Driver gets out and gives the washer and his two buddies an absoulte hiding. I mean he battered the 3 of them.

Sadly they had him done for assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

its simple to avoid this ever happening again OP. don't bother doing anything nice for the misses again. let her get up and make her own breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I know this is annoying, but the poor woman is probably more intimidated by the 'two cronies', and has no choice but to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

What did you end up making the missus for breakfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I said it to both

This is an organised crime gang which is part of a larger network and should be stamped out.

The BBC did an interesting documentary on it in London, followed them around in London while begging with children and then followed them back to Romania where they all live in huge mansions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

irishgeo wrote: »
    The BBC did an interesting documentary on it in London, followed them around in London while begging with children and then followed them back to Romania where they all live in huge mansions.

Saw that documentary also, it said somebody would beg for 15 years and the retire to a palace in Romania.

They'd also have housing estates that are all palaces too. Other shocking stuff was selling virgin girls as brides at the age of 12-14.

Mind not all have a palaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Huge mansions? As in, 10 bedroomed kinda gaffs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

They should make it an offence to give beggars money.

People are dumb

Including me

• Advertisement

tmc86 wrote: »
    What did you end up making the missus for breakfast?

i would like if someone me breakfast.

nothing to fancy, maybe a nice mixed grill with freshly squeezed orange juice with some freshly made pain au chocolate or fresh waffles with irish strawberries and sweetened cream and a nice mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

I give them money sometimes, but other times I feel that they are just professional beggars. I try to give the Irish ones money sometimes but they shout a lot of incoherent, mumbo jumbo and I tend to run off before they have a chance to physically assault me! In all seriousness though, there are beggars on the streets who literally don't have a pot to piss in, and I think it's alright to help people who genuinely need help, especially if you've got an extra couple of quid in your pocket.

My pet hate is people walking to the pub and happen upon a beggar before saying "Ah they'll only drink the money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

lookitsme wrote: »
    i would like if someone me breakfast.

nothing to fancy, maybe a nice mixed grill with freshly squeezed orange juice with some freshly made pain au chocolate or fresh waffles with irish strawberries and sweetened cream and a nice mug of tea.

Bowl of Museli. Final offer. Take it or leave it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That was (if it really happened) a stupid course of action to take.

This is what the OP, or anyone else should do in that situation rather than antagonize a potentially aggressive person.

Telling someone to "feck off" or "Fvck off" is like prodding a bloody bomb, leave the situation alone and walk on.

Mickey H wrote: »
    Bowl of Museli. Final offer. Take it or leave it. :D

would there be any treats in it like berries, bits of banana, m&m's or just plain auld skittles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I give them money sometimes, but other times I feel that they are just professional beggars. I try to give the Irish ones money sometimes but they shout a lot of incoherent, mumbo jumbo and I tend to run off before they have a chance to physically assault me! In all seriousness though, there are beggars on the streets who literally don't have a pot to piss in, and I think it's alright to help people who genuinely need help, especially if you've got an extra couple of quid in your pocket.

My pet hate is people walking to the pub and happen upon a beggar before saying "Ah they'll only drink the money"

I've never seen a beggar (Irish or non irish) in desperate need of a meal. To be honest I dont believe there is a beggar in Ireland begging for food. it's all drink/drugs, metal illnesses or just being parasites and by giving them money you're not helping them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR98ulEjqRP3JNj5ifYfDLE2IEnOsPwHHLZZ3JmRb0qi1Ua2Q8mxg

Is this the guy?

It couldn't have been him, he's an innocent tax-payer.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Beggars in Dublin ???
    Find that very hard to believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

But them internet arrest warrants is good - the are enforceable in all virtual countries using virtual policemans, there's virtually no end to their powers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

crazygeryy wrote: »
    don't say that about yourself, you are not a prick.
    Any chance youd lend me a tenner?

Sorry mate I'll get you on the way back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement