Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gypsy Begger with 2 bouncers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've no time for beggers, either Irish or Roma. I'm low paid myself but I give a bit when i can to charitable organisations like most people. But I won't give it to someone who comes up to me on the street and demands money. I regard them as leeches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

james123 wrote: »
    This really irritated me, with the state the country is in you have people like this ripping off innocent taxpayers.
    Nodin wrote: »
    What happened to "innocent people"?

Sure doesn't everybody know that social welfare parasites don't give money to charity and if they did then the catch 22 would set in and they'd be giving away the innocent taxpayers' money to beggars because they're getting far too much money from the innocent taxpayers if they can afford to be giving it away. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Charity begins at home, and that's where those scammers should be sent post haste.

I've no problem with anyone coming here to work, plenty of Irish have and are abroad seeking employment. But those who act like the people in the OP should be booted back to where they came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I caught two Romanian gypsies thieving 2 wks ago in Galway.
    Was walking my dog and turned up passed jury's hotel,clocked the two toerags walking the other way looking suspicious.
    One was dressed as a tourist with a map in hand,the other had all the gypsy glad rags on her.
    They were following 2 elderly ladies,I followed from a slight distance and the accomplice opened up the map to full extent,the other one slipped her hand between her scarf and the map and scarf provided cover.
    I had a direct view,her hand then snook into the elderly ladies handbag and she lifted the wallet.
    I pounced and grabbed tge wench by the neck gave a shout and the 2 elderly ladies turned round,it was about 5:30pm a group gathered and gave the purse back to the lady who was a pensioner from the north on her first visit to the south.
    The Romanians went ballistic,spat at my dog,roaring at me,a passerby phoned the cops and the gypsies legged it.
    Must say I took great pleasure in giving back the purse and thwarting these parasites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Just goes to show the breakdown in law and order when a poor Roma has to have a bouncer. The Gardai are falling short again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

seems to be a lot of them hassling us these days, I prefer the Romas to the dublin junkie type beggars myself. With the Irish lads they always shout some unintelligible remark in your direction but at least if you ignore the gypseys they let you get on with it.

To be honest with the irish beggars, I'm always slightly fearful that if I bend down to drop a few coins in their cup, that they would jump up and stab me.

In a bizarre way I do have some respect for them all the same, at least they are out there putting in a long shift for their few cents, unlikely the people on the dole who get up at mid-day for their fry-up and stroll down to the post office for their free money. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I give them money sometimes, but other times I feel that they are just professional beggars. I try to give the Irish ones money sometimes but they shout a lot of incoherent, mumbo jumbo and I tend to run off before they have a chance to physically assault me! In all seriousness though, there are beggars on the streets who literally don't have a pot to piss in, and I think it's alright to help people who genuinely need help, especially if you've got an extra couple of quid in your pocket.

My pet hate is people walking to the pub and happen upon a beggar before saying "Ah they'll only drink the money"

But there's a massive difference there. The person on their way to the pub has earned their money (presumably, and honestly) so they're entitled to spend it whatever way they please. People have a problem giving money to others when it's not spent on things that person needs, like food, shelter and so on. Drinking alcohol is seen as a luxury, so it's a little cheeky to expect someone else to fuel this lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Was walking up the town one day, got asked by a Roma girl for money so threw her my loose change. I didn't mind , it was pissing rain and she had a baby with her well wrapped up.

50 yards up the street, a woman stopped me and informed me that the baby was a doll. Felt like an eeijit, not sure how she knew, didn't even know if she was telling the truth but I thanked her and kept going.

Went up to the post office and started queuing. Scruffy looking man in front of me that looked Romani. The cashier proceeded to hand over €50 upon €50. Don't know how much.He left and went I went outside after doing my business there and there he was with my woman I threw the money to. No baby, only a big bag.

I will NEVER give money to them again, even if more are deserving, more that crowd have tainted them all in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Ive never had trouble with gypsies, they ask and i politely say no and move on with my life, for the life of me i really dont see why people get pissed of with them, its in their culture to beg so why the suprise? pushy sales people on the other hand are annoying as f88k and harrass me more on the street than gypsies do, charity ones epecially, they should be sent back to their plush offices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Sappa wrote: »

Fair play to ya. They're always thieving around that lane beside Jurys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Roma men don't seem to have much respect for their women.
    The men never beg themselves, they make the women do it and then take the money off them. Sometimes they will even make them shoplift etc.
    The men wear new clothes and the women are always in identical tatty old gear.
    Plus, nearly every time I see a Roma husband and wife/family he's walking about ten or twenty paces ahead of her on his own and she always has the kids with her.

Was walking my dog and turned up passed jury's hotel,clocked the two toerags walking the other way looking suspicious.
    One was dressed as a tourist with a map in hand,the other had all the gypsy glad rags on her.
    They were following 2 elderly ladies,I followed from a slight distance and the accomplice opened up the map to full extent,the other one slipped her hand between her scarf and the map and scarf provided cover.
    I had a direct view,her hand then snook into the elderly ladies handbag and she lifted the wallet.
    I pounced and grabbed tge wench by the neck gave a shout and the 2 elderly ladies turned round,it was about 5:30pm a group gathered and gave the purse back to the lady who was a pensioner from the north on her first visit to the south.
    The Romanians went ballistic,spat at my dog,roaring at me,a passerby phoned the cops and the gypsies legged it.
    Must say I took great pleasure in giving back the purse and thwarting these parasites.

I don't really agree with this, its a way of life for the gypseys, this is how they make their living. Let me ask you...would you cut off a carpenter's hands? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

srm23 wrote: »
    I don't really agree with this, its a way of life for the gypseys, this is how they make their living. Let me ask you...would you cut off a carpenter's hands? :rolleyes:

Whats a way of life? Stealing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The men never beg themselves, they make the women do it and then take the money off them. Sometimes they will even make them shoplift etc.
    Plus, nearly every time I see a Roma husband and wife/family he's walking about ten or twenty paces ahead of her on his own and she always has the kids with her.
    Check the bottom of the skirt next time; 10/1 they're wearing new runners. You'll notice jeans under the skirt too. The long, tatty skirt camoflages the nice clothes underneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

billybudd wrote: »
    its in their culture

The phrase is getting used a lot lately to excuse a lot of unacceptable behaviour

Not just on boards, it's the media talking heads and lobby groups too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    If we were to go over to there country
    What the f**k ar you on about? Their country? Do you mean travellers? or who? Who the f**k do you mean? What country?

And if they were Roma, the Romanians hate the Roma more than we hate the travellers here. Heck, the Roma get it easy here, as the Irish authorities have no backbone due to the f**king political cnuts who protect them.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The phrase is getting used a lot lately to excuse a lot of unacceptable behaviour

Not just on boards, it's the media talking heads and lobby groups too

you don't accept other cultures? no wonder Ireland gets a reputation for being Xenophobic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching the disappointment on the little parasites faces when I tell them to F off. :D

you don't accept other cultures? no wonder Ireland gets a reputation for being Xenophobic

If not recognising a "culture" (I use that word very loosely) which involves thieving, robbing, intimidation, scamming and being an all round cancer on society means I'm a Xenophobe ...

Well then I'm the most bigoted prick there is

MaxSteele wrote: »
    If not recognising a "culture" (I use that word very loosely) which involves thieving, robbing, intimidation, scamming and being an all round cancer on society means I'm a Xenophobe ...

Well then I'm the most bigoted prick there is

but people could easily say irish culture involves tracksuit wearing scrotes with eye-brows on their cheeks, drinking dutch gold, then beating each other over the head with hurleys on one of the cities busiest streets. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

but people could easily say irish culture involves tracksuit wearing scrotes with eye-brows on their cheeks, drinking dutch gold, then beating each other over the head with hurleys on one of the cities busiest streets. :rolleyes:

Ahh but we don't export our minority of undesirables and cretins to pursue that kind of behavior under the term "culture" in foreign countries.

Ahh but we don't export our minority of undesirables and cretins to pursue that kind of behavior under the term "culture" in foreign countries.

Ask Australia.

Ask Australia.

Ask Australia what ??

Does every Irish immigrant wear the eye brows of their victims on their cheeks, drink dutch gold in woolly tracksuits in 40 degree heat and have massive hurley stick brawls on Bondai Beach ?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Plus,nearly every time I see a Roma husband and wife/family he's walking about ten or twenty paces ahead of her on his own and she always has the kids with her.

In certain parts of Eastern Europe,the woman usually walks twenty feet infront of their husband........its something to do with landmines :D

pebbles21 wrote: »
    In certain parts of Eastern Europe,the woman usually walks twenty feet infront of their husband........its something to do with landmines :D

Most Roma women are Grenades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Telling them to "Feck off" is only going to draw them on you. Just ignore them and walk straight past them. Works for me.

If it involves hassling people on the street,

Same as yourself

seems to be a lot of them hassling us these days,

If it involves hassling people on the street,

Same as yourself

that was more aimed at the "few euro for a hostel mate" irish junkie beggars, a different breed

a different breed

Racist :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ask Australia what ??

Does every Irish immigrant wear the eye brows of their victims on their cheeks, drink dutch gold in woolly tracksuits in 40 degree heat and have massive hurley stick brawls on Bondai Beach ?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

whats this about wearing the eyebrows of their victims on their cheeks?

never heard that before.

• Advertisement

Racist :pac:

I can't be racist, I like hip-hop music

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I was walking up Grafton St. in Dublin the other day. Out of the blue, all I heard was "Haauughhiiiii" with a big relieved sigh at the end. This Irish young one, well dressed, but trying to give off the damsel-in-distress vibe, was locked on to me as her next target. I knew she was a charity beggar, or just a plain scammer. So, in my culchiest accent, I just said to her "Do you want money off me? - Guay". She didnt know what to do! I kept walking, but I saw her a while later pulling the same stroke, always targeting young men. She seemed to be handing them a form or a piece of paper, I suspect to get them to sign up to a direct-debit of some sort, or maybe just to get their names etc.

Did anyone else see her? This was Wednesday. She was short enough, thought she was hot but was cringe-worthily not. Head of hair on her like an upturned pot of cabbage.

newmug wrote: »
    Out of the blue, all I heard was "Haauughhiiiii" with a big relieved sigh at the end.

I just said to her "Do you want money off me? - Guay".

Were you and her speaking english?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Were you and her speaking english?

Get your priorities in order, this thread is not about languages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

These people show be brought straight to the airport and fecked on the next plane to Romania and never be let leave it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

its a way of life for the gypseys, this is how they make their living. Let me ask you...would you cut off a carpenter's hands? :rolleyes:

i would if they were steeling my money

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

newmug wrote: »
    I was walking up Grafton St. in Dublin the other day. Out of the blue, all I heard was "Haauughhiiiii" with a big relieved sigh at the end. This Irish young one, well dressed, but trying to give off the damsel-in-distress vibe, was locked on to me as her next target. I knew she was a charity beggar, or just a plain scammer. So, in my culchiest accent, I just said to her "Do you want money off me? - Guay". She didnt know what to do! I kept walking, but I saw her a while later pulling the same stroke, always targeting young men. She seemed to be handing them a form or a piece of paper, I suspect to get them to sign up to a direct-debit of some sort, or maybe just to get their names etc.

Did anyone else see her? This was Wednesday. She was short enough, thought she was hot but was cringe-worthily not. Head of hair on her like an upturned pot of cabbage.

I didn't see this particular girl but I was walking down Henry St 2 weeks ago on the way to the bus home and I encountered about 10 Chuggers from different charities. Any kind of beggar gets a polite sorry no from me.

I tend not to give any beggars any money. It's hard to tell the genuine ones from the scammers especially in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Standman wrote: »
    Maybe it was the fact that you told her to feck off when she asked you for money. You were the one in the wrong.

For this display of abject, mind-boggling, and frankly horrifying stupidity you are now firmly and irretrievably placed on my ignore list. I think I would rather drink shit than read anything you thought, or wrote ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

So were they Irish or Roma gypsies? I just ask because I haven't encountered an aggressive Roma gang in Dublin yet, rather Irish ones.

For those who defend the "poor" Roman woman here: they are not forced to live like that. It's true that many are being exploited by the richer/ more powerful ones, but it is not impossible to change your life. Fact is they just don't want to because they are set in their ways like the Irish gypsies and they are equally as knackery. There is a reason why they being chased away everywhere they go and it's because they just don't integrate into society but want to be separate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

notsobusy wrote: »
    Any kind of beggar gets a polite sorry no from me.

I wouldnt even waste my breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

those romanians are all robbing scumbags who spung of off the irish tax payer and claim off irish people saying us irish are rascist i say **** them alll

Mod edit: User banned for this post.

CL7 wrote: »
    Telling them to "Feck off" is only going to draw them on you. Just ignore them and walk straight past them. Works for me.
    he should of gave them a dig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

A lot of the time they do be selling some Magazine called the Issue.Shame the feckers wouldn't realise that they are the fkn issue.

those romanians are all robbing scumbags who spung of off the irish tax payer and claim off irish people saying us irish are rascist i say **** them alll

begging is ripping off the taxpayer? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

assuming they are getting cash given by a PAYE worker, yes

• Advertisement

he should of gave them a dig

No. Only a thug would do that.

Edit: You meant the bouncers? If so that's different but still no.

CL7 wrote: »
    No. Only a thug would do that.

NO are you trying to imply that a person who is getting harassed (an irish person in their own country) should let those criminals(intruders) make a mockery out of a descent Irish person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Roma, it's Roma. I've Romanian friends who are as far from beggars as possible. These scabs are Roma Gypsies. For a laugh, head to the Phoenix park on a dry Saturday or Sunday morning. They all gather there for a "picnic" and the men sit around talking , eating and drinking. The cars are unreal, new Mercs etc and the men are extremly well dressed and well fed. The women and kids sit around in groups chatting etc. The younger men are much like Travveler lads- well dressed, flash cars and jewellery but still "dodgy" looking. Might make people reconsider giving them money. We were on the ferry with a group of them coming back from England and the Roma kids were waiting for a err, normal kid to sit at an arcade machine and put in money and then hassling their way in to take over playing the game. My youngest told one of them to fcuk off when they tried it with him. Brought a tear to my eye it did. So proud, sniff, Daddys little man. I do believe the Roma are Parasitic cnuts.:)

no im implying that they are all recieving benifits and the dole and sending it back to their countries

NO are you trying to imply that a person who is getting harassed (an irish person in their own country) should let those criminals(intruders) make a mockery out of a descent Irish person.

What has their nationality got to do with it? If someone is breaking the law they should be dealt with by the Gardai. Getting beat up or being brought up for assault when it could easily be avoided isn't that bright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement