Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gypsy Begger with 2 bouncers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

CL7 wrote: »
    What has their nationality got to do with it? If someone is breaking the law they should be dealt with by the Gardai. Getting beat up or being brought up for assault when it could easily be avoided isn't that bright.

We need to let them know were not f**king ejits and stop them with giving them a good few days in hospital rather than the garda cautioning them and they go out and beat up an old man or woman .

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

So were they Irish or Roma gypsies? I just ask because I haven't encountered an aggressive Roma gang in Dublin yet, rather Irish ones.

For those who defend the "poor" Roman woman here: they are not forced to live like that. It's true that many are being exploited by the richer/ more powerful ones, but it is not impossible to change your life. Fact is they just don't want to because they are set in their ways like the Irish gypsies and they are equally as knackery. There is a reason why they being chased away everywhere they go and it's because they just don't integrate into society but want to be separate.

They were Roma gypsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Was in Waterford today, can't walk ten paces in that town without being hassled for money , if its charity no I don't want to pay you a commission, If you're seemingly an addict I'll assume you're in a bad situation alright buddy but I fear I give you what little I have I will be fueling your probable drug habit and as for people who travel here to beg I worry that they are being controlled.

I do feel the most intimidation from those who harass you at the red line luas stops and then if any change falls out they act like its theirs because they asked for it while you were getting your ticket, the second I take my change out they have their hand in checking to see if I left anything behind.

Also I just had someone recently try and pull a fast one on me by pretending that I dropped something so he'd get my attention for what I don't know, I just walked away.
    That was me. You dropped a tenner. I gave it to a beggar as you didn't seem to want it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭allanpkr

look the gist of it is this. beggers are bad. dont ever give to beggers ever. never.if they are true beggers eventually they will starve an one by one will be gone. be patient may take some time... meanwhile "hows the the weather your way"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

newmug wrote: »
    all I heard was "Haauughhiiiii" with a big relieved sigh at the end. This Irish young one, well dressed, but trying to give off the damsel-in-distress vibe, was locked on to me as her next target. I knew she was a charity beggar, or just a plain scammer. So, in my culchiest accent, I just said to her "Do you want money off me? - Guay".

Huh? So, a 'culchie' accent made her completely confused? Why?
    For this display of abject, mind-boggling, and frankly horrifying stupidity you are now firmly and irretrievably placed on my ignore list. I think I would rather drink shit than read anything you thought, or wrote ever again.

What's the point in telling someone that you're putting them on the ignore list? You won't be able to see their response where they tell us all how uncontrollably sad they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

srm23 wrote: »
    To be honest with the irish beggars, I'm always slightly fearful that if I bend down to drop a few coins in their cup, that they would jump up and stab me.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Freshly stabbed corpses left around the pitch makes for bad begging business.

You're safe enough.

If they want to stab you they'll just sneak up behind you when you're least expecting it, like a bus-stop or ATM, or follow you home and wait all night just outside your front door so they can get you in the morning, or hunch down behind your car and jump in after you when you've opened it.

:rolleyes:
    What's the point in telling someone that you're putting them on the ignore list? You won't be able to see their response where they tell us all how uncontrollably sad they are.

Look, there are two kinds of people in this world. Those who tell beggars to **** off and beg from their mob bosses, and those who walk past and get on with their lives.

Sorry...I meant to say there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who tell people they'll be ignoring them from now on and...etc. etc. etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Rasheed wrote: »
    Was walking up the town one day, got asked by a Roma girl for money so threw her my loose change. I didn't mind , it was pissing rain and she had a baby with her well wrapped up.

50 yards up the street, a woman stopped me and informed me that the baby was a doll. Felt like an eeijit, not sure how she knew, didn't even know if she was telling the truth but I thanked her and kept going.

It's more often than not raining in Ireland. When fools give them money, it encourages them to continue in their behavior of harassing people on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

those romanians are all robbing scumbags who spung of off the irish tax payer and claim off irish people saying us irish are rascist i say **** them alll

First off, they're Roma not Romanian. Second off most gypsies in Ireland actually come from Bulgaria. Thirdly, I employ a lot of Romanians and they are extremely hardworking people, dare I say it, the Romanians along with the Polish are my hardest workers with the Irish lagging behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Well of course

They don't know the systems here and they are far slower to speak up

Employers just love cheap labour they can push around

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Well of course

They don't know the systems here and they are far slower to speak up

Employers just love cheap labour they can push around

Ahhh the cheap labour myth. Nope, I pay them the same as everyone else and they know their rights.

Could it be, that the Celtic cub Irish are a little bit spoilt and shy of a hard work ethic these days? Thats obviously going to change with the next generation but you can rephrase the reliables all you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If I came on boards and said all Nigerians were lazy and worthless dogs I'd get an infraction

It's perfectly acceptable to call Irish workers lazy, spoilt and soft though

What's the story mods?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Huh? So, a 'culchie' accent made her completely confused? Why?

No it didn't. Bluntly asking her did she want my money, and subsequently telling her to go away showed that I saw right through her, and she was surprised by this. My accent, which I exaggerated, was purely to counteract her fake posh accent, which she was also exaggerating as part of her act. It also added some humour to the situation. Do you understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

France had the right idea. Send in CAB, seize all their ill gained assets and deport them. Unless, of course, Shatter has given them all citizenship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

newmug wrote: »
    No it didn't. Bluntly asking her did she want my money, and subsequently telling her to go away showed that I saw right through her, and she was surprised by this. My accent, which I exaggerated, was purely to counteract her fake posh accent, which she was also exaggerating as part of her act. It also added some humour to the situation. Do you understand?

I guess so. I'd be surprised if you were the first person she came across that 'saw through her', however. And I'd be surprised if she was aware you were putting on an exaggerated 'culchie' accent. I guess it may have added some humour for yourself, in which case: congratulations. You won that interaction.

Advertisement