Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correcting the leaving cert

• 23-06-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm just wondering here what are the necessary qualifications to be able to correct leaving cert or junior cert papers? do you have to be a secondary school teacher in the subject ?
    Could you correct let's say as a primary school teacher Irish papers if you took Irish as your main subject to degree level ?
    Any help appreciated thanks in advance:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering here what are the necessary qualifications to be able to correct leaving cert or junior cert papers? do you have to be a secondary school teacher in the subject ?
    Pretty much yes - teachers will have experience of the syllabus. It's a tough job, long hours every day for a month - and most teachers do it for the experience, to get a better understanding of their subject and what is required by the examiners (financially it doesn't pay much).
    grantyrs10 wrote: »
    Could you correct let's say as a primary school teacher Irish papers if you took Irish as your main subject to degree level ?
    Don't know for definite - possibly depends on what kind of degree you did - the Bachelor of Education for primary teaching is not the same as graduating with a level 8 degree and doing the h-dip or the post graduate diploma for primary teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Well I'd imagine if you're not a secondary school teacher, you're not going to know the JC/LC course, so you wouldn't have much knowledge to be able to do the corrections.. but that's just what I think

Advertisement