Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact details for peace commissioner maynooth

Options
  • 23-06-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Does anyone have a list of the above? Apparently the guards do but the station is never open.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm afraid I don't have a list, but we used this guy before - works out of an office in his house in Moyglare Hall

http://www.goldenpages.ie/alvaro-blasco-solicitors-maynooth/1/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

You can phone the Garda station during office hours, or phone the divisional HQ in Leixlip which is open 24/7 on 6667800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I called them last year and I was told that there was only 1 in Maynooth and he'd retired. If you hear otherwise please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Orion wrote: »
    I called them last year and I was told that there was only 1 in Maynooth and he'd retired. If you hear otherwise please let me know.

I found out emmet stagg is one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

n97 mini wrote: »
    You can phone the Garda station during office hours, or phone the divisional HQ in Leixlip which is open 24/7 on 6667800.
    I called Maynooth station a few times and I was diverted to leixlip. The guards in leixlip only have a list of pc's in leixlip unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

According to Citizens information
    The Department of Justice and Equality maintains the Roll of Peace Commissioners, however, it may not be up to date. The Department will usually provide the name and address of a Peace Commissioner on request.

The Department of Justice and Equality contact info
    Phone: + 353 1 602-8202 Lo-Call*: 1890 221-227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I found out emmet stagg is one :)

Well that's not an option after the last discussion I had with him. I'd rather pay a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

A Commissioner for Oaths will be easier to contact, and will be able to sign anything a Peace Commissioner can for you

Google "Commissioner for Oaths and [town name]" and you'll come up with something. Charge should be 10 euro if you visit once.

The reason it's hard to find a Peace Commissioner is because they don't make money so they have no incentive to advertise or make themselves available.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't have a list, but we used this guy before - works out of an office in his house in Moyglare Hall

http://www.goldenpages.ie/alvaro-blasco-solicitors-maynooth/1/

I've met this fella, really nice guy! living here a good few years now specializes in Spanish law and the likes of people buying Holiday homes over there. He is also an agent for some Spanish footballers!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

I called Maynooth station a few times and I was diverted to leixlip. The guards in leixlip only have a list of pc's in leixlip unfortunately.

When your appointed a Peace Commissioner its for the County you reside in & the Counties around it. so one from Leixlip is fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement