Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cattle tags county

• 23-06-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi lads,i cant remember the password for my last profile so this is my 1st post :rolleyes: again,

just wondering where i can find out what county an animal is from by looking in its ear like im in kilkenny and my tag is 21-*******-0876
    so 21 is kilkenny anyway
    in kilkenny mart ive seen
    22-
    anyone know these counties? just something that is interesting me,if there is no place to find a list could you leave your county number and loaction

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

38 wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 29 larrywithalorry

tkehoe wrote: »
    hi lads,i cant remember the password for my last profile so this is my 1st post :rolleyes: again,

just wondering where i can find out what county an animal is from by looking in its ear like im in kilkenny and my tag is 21-*******-0876
    so 21 is kilkenny anyway
    in kilkenny mart ive seen
    22-
    anyone know these counties? just something that is interesting me,if there is no place to find a list could you leave your county number and loaction

South tipp is 34
    Limerick is 24
    Its done by county in alphabetical order starting in carlow? Some counties are divided in 2 like S. tipp is 34 and N Tipp is 35 - i think. Cork is divided too

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

18 is galway 27 mayo 13 clare

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

soon have the winning lotto numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

North tipp is 33

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

13 Clare
    18 Galway

21 Kilkenny
    24 Limerick
    27 Mayo
    33 North Tipp ?
    34 South Tipp
    35 North Tipp ?
    36 Westmeath
    38 Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

26 LOUTH

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boher boy

whelan1 wrote: »
    26 LOUTH

North cork 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

19 Kerry !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

22 laois

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

23 Leitrim

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya N tipp 33, I think the next 3 digits are for townlands in the county, anyone else know more about this?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Handy to know say, when you are looking through cattle in a pen in a mart. Clare farmers don't like buying Limerick cattle. Land is too good there. Better thrive in Clare bought cattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

35 waterford:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

14 west cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

29 Monaghan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

28 meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Offaly is 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flyingfarmer

See attached for all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

All this number craic!

The real farmers can tell by their moo accents:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

pakalasa wrote: »
    Handy to know say, when you are looking through cattle in a pen in a mart. Clare farmers don't like buying Limerick cattle. Land is too good there. Better thrive in Clare bought cattle.

And the North Clare farmers wont go past doolin, liscannor, ennistimon, inagh or ennis to buy because your leaving the limestone and all you will have is murron!! All west Clare is referred to as coldstone land around here. I heard a few older lads talking about limerick stock a few months ago, stay well away they reckoned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

leg wax wrote: »

I have one of them knocking about the place.....however she ended up here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

leg wax wrote: »

I have one of them knocking about the place.....however she ended up here!!

I've a 19 = Kerry suck calf that i bought on a 19 Kerry cow tand she still won't take her! Only two cattle I have from outside Galway and they still don't get on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Bodacious wrote: »
    I've a 19 = Kerry suck calf that i bought on a 19 Kerry cow tand she still won't take her! Only two cattle I have from outside Galway and they still don't get on!!
    Probably a bit of history between the two families. Maybe they fell out over land or something.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

pakalasa wrote: »
    Bodacious wrote: »
    Probably a bit of history between the two families. Maybe they fell out over land or something.:D

Or football !? I'd be hoping Kerry come in the back door and have a good run, If they win the all Ireland she'll definitely let the calf suck

Advertisement