Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Graduate Lecture Hours in UCD

Options
  • 23-06-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone, I got accepted to study for a masters degree in public health. I was told i'll have 3 full days of lectures each week that wednesday to friday. I was wondering if anyone has an idea how many hours a full day of lectures translated to in UCD.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 murphyst17

For Philosophy, lectures run for 2 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Noble Korhedron

Carzado wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I got accepted to study for a masters degree in public health. I was told i'll have 3 full days of lectures each week that wednesday to friday. I was wondering if anyone has an idea how many hours a full day of lectures translated to in UCD.Thanks.
    Hi. I don't know what you mean by "public health", but I know a couple of people doing postgrad work, and you generally have to back up your lectures with a lot of note-taking and reading either in the library or at home. So plan for that when you are taking a part-time job, choosing accomodation, or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Carzado

Hi. I don't know what you mean by "public health", but I know a couple of people doing postgrad work, and you generally have to back up your lectures with a lot of note-taking and reading either in the library or at home. So plan for that when you are taking a part-time job, choosing accomodation, or whatever.

The course is master of public health. I've been able to get in touch with the course director and she's put me through. Thanks for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazy_cat

Carzado wrote: »

Hey ya, I'm just finishing that programme. It is very lecture intensive and the modules and the timetables switch every 6 weeks. We usually started at 9 and sometimes we didn't finish until 6pm with only 1 hour for lunch. On average we had 6/7 hours of lecture a day (because they crammed it all in W-F). I loved the programme because I find it to be very interesting but my one piece of advice for anyone is to seriously reconsider doing it if you are working, especially during the second semester when we are doing all of our modules and thesis work on top of that, it's very intense.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Carzado

crazy_cat wrote: »
    Hey ya, I'm just finishing that programme. It is very lecture intensive and the modules and the timetables switch every 6 weeks. We usually started at 9 and sometimes we didn't finish until 6pm with only 1 hour for lunch. On average we had 6/7 hours of lecture a day (because they crammed it all in W-F). I loved the programme because I find it to be very interesting but my one piece of advice for anyone is to seriously reconsider doing it if you are working, especially during the second semester when we are doing all of our modules and thesis work on top of that, it's very intense.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for tthe reply its been really helpful. I now know what to expect. I always thought it will be very tedious. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement