Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 woes !!!

Options
  • 23-06-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have never had any problems with Bank of ireland before , but the way I was treated when in Poland for Euro 2012 has made me look into changing banks !!!

My bank card broke two weeks before I left, I applied for a new card and was sent a laser instead of Visa Debit by mistake. I rang up and this was promptly sorted , however my Visa Debit card just arrived the day I left but without a pin number. I had my post checked by my girlfriend to see if the pin would arrive but 3 days later still no pin. I rang 365 and they apologised and sent a new pin straight away. I waited 3 days and my girlfriend rang to say the pin had arrived but there was no pin in the section where it was supposed to be. At this stage my money was gone , I was borrowing off mates. I rang 365 to transfer money to friends account but was not allowed without a pin . I got them to send on a new pin and 10 days into my holidays my pin eventually arrived. This was a ridiculous situation to be put in by your bank!!! God forbid you where away on your own witout friends to borrow a few pound off !!!!! Bank of Ireland really need to get there act together!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Lojak,

I'm very sorry about the mix-up with your PIN. I understand how frustrating it can be without access to your funds abroad. I'm glad that it has been sorted for you but I'd like to sincerely apologise for your poor experience.

Thank you very much for getting in touch. If there's anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Graham

Advertisement