Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HATE MY TONSILS

Options
  • 23-06-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

hope this is the right forum>

this is perhaps more of a vent but yeah the title gives it away, I'm on the list to get my tonsils out (list is apparently 2 years or something )

I'm just so sick of these tonsil stones that are constantly there and make my breat smell like s**t, add to that my tonsils are always swollen and practically touching

I know its not serious or whatever but eugh they really annoy me sometimes like today, just had to pick out 3 new stone things which were huge and gross.

I know i'm not the only one suffering with these nasty buggers so yeah haha
    I'm 19 so i know the op is not nice for 2 weeks after but hey if it gets rid of them i'm game!

anyone that has had their tonsils removed because of this?
    and apart from corsodyll and salt and water, what else do ye guys use to keep them at bay?:confused:

sorry for boring ya'll:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifeL57

Hi
    I am too suffering with the same problem. i suffered badly with tonsilitis about 9 years ago and ever since then have been getting tonsil stones, where i dont have a sore throat, i just feel a sharp thing at the back of my throat and when i push on my tonsil you can see little whites lumps, it is causing my breath to smell awful. I have mentioned this to my doctor and he advised me he never heard of tonsil stones, but my dentist did. I am just so fed up of them and my last option would be to have them removed. I think i need to speak to my GP again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

difflam spray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

feeney92 wrote: »
    I suffered horribly with them so much so i was sick almost once every month! best thing i ever did was get them out, in fact my sister just got them out and shes having a hard time post-op! the waiting list isnt all that long it took me about 3 months. some things you can do to keep it at bay are,

3months? :O No fair! I take it you arent on the medical card waiting list then? I've already been waiting longer.... :(

My Doctor just prescibes antibiotics /:

There just there 24/7 and my throat always feels like I have the mumps or something, my tonsils are 10 times bigger then anyones in my family.

I cant use honey as I'm a vegan but i'll look into the spray... but fyi they were like this before i went vegan, they didnt get worse:P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭red petal

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment for this and how much it costs to have them removed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Interesting, I think I have tonsil stones without knowing before what they are.

I've had tonsillitus a few times in the last 2 years and only since then have I noticed the tonsil stones and bad breath that comes with it even directly after brushing my teeth. It's nowhere near as bad as your case but I can empathise and hope you gt the operation you are waiting for soon.

Advertisement