Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a new economical super mini

• 23-06-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am in the market for a new super mini. I just came beck from testing the new peugeot 208 and I am looking for cars similar in this class range to test drive. I , like many new owners want an economical car as I do long around 15K miles per year.

I am living in the UK and so there are so many good offers over here such as peugeot paying for tax, insurance, serving and breakdown assitance for 3 years on one of their finance plans.

If a car in the UK has under 100 g/km emmisions its a bonus as in the Uk a car in this band pays no car tax, but tax is not the end of the world as it is cheap here.

I plan to purchase in September time so there might be something new out then so let me know your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There are 1.1 and 1.4 diesels in the new kia Rio, the 1.1 is sub 100g/km co2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Toyota Auris 1.4 diesel automatic.

My mate just got a 2 year old one and claims that with the auto gear box you save on fuel with city driving but may be a bit heavy with the county driving.

Decent sized boot and legroom also.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

The 1.2tdi SEAT Ibiza Ecomotive looks nice, 92g/km co2, 80mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭squeekyduck

Cheers for the suggestions.

I am interested in looking at the Alfa mito or fiat 500. I am going to arrange a test drive for the fiat first as I love that car. They are bit common here now but they are a good looking car, a bit of a girly image but who cares! I think the Arbath version would be killer but in practical terms I am not too sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cheers for the suggestions.

I am interested in looking at the Alfa mito or fiat 500. I am going to arrange a test drive for the fiat first as I love that car. They are bit common here now but they are a good looking car, a bit of a girly image but who cares! I think the Arbath version would be killer but in practical terms I am not too sure.

If your looking at sporty versions , I'd imagine the Renaultsport Twingo would be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Renault are launching a new Clio towards the end of the year afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

How about the 1.6 ford fiesta tdci? Very economical...more so than the 1.4 model we get here!! 62mpg on the motorway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

The volkswagen up is very good, and is very efficient, and VW are offering good deals on it, I think in the UK it starts at about £8,995.
    I just bought one, it's a little beauty!

Advertisement