Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gpu issues

Options
  • 23-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

just about to start overclocking a next to new asus gtx 560 ti with the direct cu II and i tried out furmark just to see what i'm working with

it's at 900 mhz as stock, and the temps were up over 70! is this okay? just wanted to make sure. this is the first time it has been stressed at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

It's grand, GPUs are fine up to the 80's if you ask me, but some people like it cooler.
    Don't use furmark by the way, it's an unrealistic torture test that just shows how much punishment your GPU can take before it gives up. If you're testing for overclocks, try the most intensive game you have (or 3dMark11, Unigine Heaven etc.) and put the settings to max. It's a much more realistic indicator of stability, and maximum temperatures.

Advertisement